We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandal's Antigua specific questions -- help :)

Which St. John's hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
California
Level Contributor
8 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Sandal's Antigua specific questions -- help :)

We are flying in on American around 10PM (unavoidable). Questions:

1. Please tell us where we find the Sandal's booth at the airport. Is the airport large?

2. How can we make restaurant reservations before arriving to avoid the eating places being full due to our late midweek arrival? We are staying in the 'cheap' hotel rooms and do not have a concierge.

3. Anyone have a Sandal's phone number where someone can answer miscellaneous questions? Our AAA agent is not really helpful. Thank you!!!

Ontario Canada
Destination Expert
for White House
Level Contributor
8,539 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sandal's Antigua specific questions -- help :)

When we were there last year, the Sandals desk was just outside the airport, across from where the shuttles pick you up. Easy to find...the airport isn't large.

Sandals doesn't accept restaurant reservations in advance. Only 3 restaurants require reservations and as long as you are flexible on your date and time, you shouldn't have a problem.

SGA number is: (268) 484-0100. You might try chatting live with a Sandals rep on the website, but it depends on your question as to how knowledgeable an answer you will get.

Wirral UK
Level Contributor
1,241 posts
753 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sandal's Antigua specific questions -- help :)

You can't really miss the Sandals desk once you come through customs. It is a small airport, so you will not have a problem.

As above, most restaurants do not need reservations, so you will have somewhere to eat, but most restaurants have finished by 10.00. You can get food at the snack bar in the Caribbean Grove and in the Cricketers pub on the Med Side.

Have fun.

N&B

Edited: 19 June 2010, 09:09
New York
Level Contributor
211 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sandal's Antigua specific questions -- help :)

We just got back last Saturday and had a wonderful time.

The airport is very small and as said you can't miss the Sandals desk. It is right outside the baggage claim with a big sign.

We also booked the cheapest room Garden of Eden Deluxe and were upgrade to Honeymoon Grand Luxe without even asking. We loved the room as it was recently renovated and had it's own pool and hot tub for the bldg.

I had no trouble booking the 3 restaurants that required reservations. They let you book for that day and the 2 days following. Sometimes I forgot to book and walked up to the conceirge desk at noon and there will still openings with good times. It's nice to reserve Eleanor's and OK Corral at 6:30 and watch the sunset.

If you have any other questions I would be happy to answer them.

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
94 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sandal's Antigua specific questions -- help :)

We are going there in late Oct., and have never been to a Sandals before. Any information or observations would be great. Thanks!

New York
Level Contributor
211 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sandal's Antigua specific questions -- help :)

I am going to post a really detailed review today. I hope it will answer most of the questions I have seen people asking. I religiously read trip advisor when planning all my trips. I tried to write a report that would be helpful to me if I was reading it before my trip. Hope it helps all of you.

Ontario Canada
Destination Expert
for White House
Level Contributor
8,539 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sandal's Antigua specific questions -- help :)

Great review JamaicaRiu! Sounds like you had a fantastic time!

If you are looking for any other Sandals to try, and since you liked SGA, you may like Sandals Whitehouse in Jamaica or Sandals Grande St. Lucian if you haven't already been. Both are comparable...SWH is our favourite and SGSL is a very close second.

7. Re: Sandal's Antigua specific questions -- help :)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 December 2010, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about St. John's