We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lots of Specific Questions About Sandals Antigua!!!!!"

new york
5 posts
Save Topic
Lots of Specific Questions About Sandals Antigua!!!!!"

So I am going to Sandals Antigua August 13-20 and have a list of questions-Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am having a hard time getting information elsewhere!

1) I have a butler service room-do I get a private transfer from the airport?

2) My room is the Honeymoon Seaside Dickenson Bay Oceanview Butler Suite. I know it's a mouthfull! Anyone ever stay in these accomodations before and have any pictures or insights?

3) So this will be a romantic vacation and I am not really sure how to use a butler other than dinner reservations and pool chairs/cooler. How should I get the most out of the butler experience without feeling like he's on vacation with us?

4) What restaurant should we NOT miss?

5) Can we make reservations and stuff BEFORE we leave? I thought I heard something about filling out a questionaire before the trip??

6) My boyfriend is a fanatical baseball fan. What are the chances of the yankees games being televised at the resort?

7) Did I miss anything?

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
901 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lots of Specific Questions About Sandals Antigua!!!!!"

1) The transfer will only be private if you are the only ones arriving at that time. Otherwise, you will be in a taxi with one or two other couples.

2) We have that room booked for our trip in October. When we were there last year, this building was being completely refurbished. Have seen some great pics of it since it was finished and heard great things about it. It sits right on the beach.

3) Send me your email address and I will email you info on how to get the most out of the butler service without them being intrusive or calling you all the time.

4) Restaurant preferences are subject to personal taste. Eleanors and Kimonos seem to be the most popular.

5) A butler questionnaire will be sent to you before you leave, but it's pretty vague and hard to make specific requests via that method. Usually your butler will make your dinner reservations the day you arrive. Spa services and excursions can be booked before you go, but I would recommend letting your butler handle that when you arrive.

6) The pub usually has several TV's with sports playing. The TV in your room will have several American channels.

7) Read resort reviews and forum posts between now and the time you leave and you will be prepared for most anything you can expect on your trip.

new york
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Lots of Specific Questions About Sandals Antigua!!!!!"

Thank you so much for the information!

London, United...
Level Contributor
335 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lots of Specific Questions About Sandals Antigua!!!!!"

If yu go onto the Sandals website and register your holiday booking on the Butler site there is a questionaire for you to complete, it asks your food and drinks preferences so your Butler can get started on your restaurant reservations before you arrive.

One thing we really enjoy is breakfast on the balcony and your Butler can arrange this for you.

Our favourite restaurant is the OK Coral but Eleanors is very lovely for a romantic dinner.

Don't worry about your Butlers sitting on your shoulders all the time, they are very discreet and will provide you with a cellphone for you to contact them if needed. They will check in with you during the day but are never invasive, they have other guests to look after aswell, each Butler pair have around 6 or 7 couples at any one time.

You will love it I have no doubt.

Ontario
Level Contributor
118 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lots of Specific Questions About Sandals Antigua!!!!!"

Hopperish - I have similar questions to Raya - would also like to get your information about butler service and opinion about the seaside rooms - I am looking at the seaside room with the plunge pool - but am not sure if it is worth the extra compared to the honey room suite - would I be able to get your email as well for answers to these questions?

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
901 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lots of Specific Questions About Sandals Antigua!!!!!"

Maya09--

I just replied to your other post. If you have other specific questions, feel free to send me a private message.

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
38 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lots of Specific Questions About Sandals Antigua!!!!!"

We just returned from Sandals Antigua and had the butler service and it was great! As someone else mentioned, you have a cell phone if you need anything at all. We were there on our weddingmoon, so didn't use the butlers really for anything other than dinner reservations and pool chair reservations, both of which came in very handy! We were given a calendar in our room and the butler put all of our dinner reservations on there for us. We had the best pool chairs reserved every morning, complete with a cooler of bottled beer and bottled water, neither of which is available at the pool bar. It was a great experience and you will love it!

Oh, we also were given a private transfer from the airport, even though there other couples arriving at the same time. This may have been an upgrade through our travel agent, or just a perk since we were getting married at the hotel. The check in process with butler service is awesome, since you check in with your butler in your room with champagne and snacks, and do not have to go to the lobby.

White Plains, New...
Level Contributor
909 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lots of Specific Questions About Sandals Antigua!!!!!"

Just get ready to be pampered! :)

Here are some images of the place: http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=Sandals+Antigua

8. Re: Lots of Specific Questions About Sandals Antigua!!!!!"

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2012, 13:18
Get answers to your questions about St. John's