We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Newbie with some questions

san diego, ca
Level Contributor
39 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Newbie with some questions

Hello all,

I am trying to plan a trip for hubby and I for one week in November. Originally, we thought of Sandals Grande in St. Lucia but were advised we should go to Antigua since we want blue water, white sand beaches and snorkeling. Any advice for us? Also, my hubby snores so as non-romantic as it sounds, I'd love to have a pull out couch or something in case I can't take it anymore! ;) Thanks so much!

Bagshot, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,211 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Newbie with some questions

The Verandah is all suites with a king bed and a sofa bed. Beaches aren't brilliant but there is the lovely Long Bay beach just down the road and the resort itself is lovely.

CORNWALL
Level Contributor
219 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Newbie with some questions

Have you ever thought of going NON all-inclusive. Jolly Harbour Villas is a great spot. The villas are two story, two bedroom, 2 bath, kitchen...etc.. (kind of like a townhouse). Restaurants, grocery store all within walking distance. The beach (3-5 minute walk) is really nice and the water is so blue. Faboulous restaurants close by..Sheer Rocks. A must stop is Shirley Heights on a Sunday afternoon,...good party atmosphere and wonderful sunsets. We stayed in Antigua for 2 weeks in Feb/March and we much preferred our stays at Jolly Harbour Villa and Dickenson Bay Cottages over the all-incl. Grand Pineapple. There's so many beautiful beaches, great restaurants and things to explore on the island, that we hated being tied down to the all-inclusive. Once we paid the $450 + per day at the all-inclusive we felt obliged to stay and eat/drink what was included. BTW, this was our first attempt at a non all-inclusive trip and we loved it. Going back next February!!! Enjoy your trip....

3. Re: Newbie with some questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2012, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about St. John's