We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather

Which St. John's hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
weather

we arrive on saturday for 10 days. Any idea on the weather? It says rain chances really increase over the next few days.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
175 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: weather

I arrived Sunday afternoon. It's hot. There are occasional showers but they sweep through quickly, often at night.

St. John's, Antigua
Destination Expert
for St. John's, Antigua
Level Contributor
1,070 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: weather

It's hard to give an accurate forecast for the upcoming WEEKS here, but I believe for the next few weeks it will be pretty dry, according to the meteorologist. The online forecasts usually predict rain, but these are usually quite brief, if they DO come.

Bromsgrove, United...
Level Contributor
1,328 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: weather

Aaron- use timeanddate.com when you are there.

We found it accurate.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: weather

thanks to all. I just had a look at timeanddate.com. Looks like it will be cloudy for most of next week. How do I break this to the family?

Just my luck for vacations.

UK/Antigua
Destination Expert
for St. John's, Antigua
Level Contributor
5,803 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: weather

Here's the current rain situation - meteo.fr/temps/…animMOSAIC2.html - Antigua is the ragged edged round island due north of the butterfly shape that is Guadeloupe. And look - no rain! In fact, the situation is considered to be approaching drought at the moment.

You're likely to get spells of light cloud (through which you can still get very sunburned), and possibly the occasional shower, but I wouldn't worry. All the big forecasters use a combination of historical data and wider area conditions, and if a single drop of rain falls anywhere on the island, it's recorded as raining - despite it usually being very hot, dry and sunny.

The island's far too small for accurate forecasting, but the best is usually http://www.windguru.cz/int/index.php?sc=52075

6. Re: weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 June 2013, 05:45
Get answers to your questions about St. John's