We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandals Antigua

Kingston, Canada
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Sandals Antigua

At Sandals for 10 days starting Thursday (Caribeann side). We were at Sandals last year in St. Lucia for the 1st time, and enjoyed it, thought we would try another locale. My (the guy''s) interests are scuba, golf and horse back riding. Princess likes horses and the beach. We also prefer the higher end restaurants within the Sandals resort. Any suggestions on the above. Thanks (first time user for this service).

Haverhill...
Level Contributor
3,916 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sandals Antigua

We LOVED Mario's (the Italian place) and Barefoot - the server we had made Barefoot extra special. Her name is Stacia (pronounced Stay-Cee-Ah) and she is amazing! Eleanor's is also very good. Really didn't have a bad meal anywhere. Really enjoyed the Return Guest Dinner as well!

Enjoy Antigua - we loved it and can't wait to return!

Kingston, Canada
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Sandals Antigua

Thanks, will check it out (sorry for the typo on Caribbean)

Bromsgrove, United...
Level Contributor
1,349 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sandals Antigua

Mark - High end restaurants is quite a subjective opinion.

You will be well advised to read as many reviews as you can as often they are broken down into sections.

I have been to Sandals Halcyon in St Lucia and visited the other two restaurants.

I have also been to Sandals Antigua.

I personally think you are going to be disappointed with the restaurants in Sandals Antigua if you are looking for that high end experience.

There is nothing to match Gordons at Le Toc. The remainder of the restaurants are in my opinion the same at every resort.

For example,Marios at the Halcyon was pretty much the same as at Antigua

SURREY
Level Contributor
2,497 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sandals Antigua

we went to sandals in antugia over christmas our first time at any sandals resort we had the best time food was great and we went in every resturant never had a bad meal breakfast , lunch , and dinner all lovely and im very fusey

we spoke to many people and we were told that antugia is the best sandals out of all of them, we couldnt comment as like i said this was our first time but i can reasure u its not our last were booked up already for next yr

Haverhill...
Level Contributor
3,916 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sandals Antigua

We were very much NOT impressed by eating at La Toc or Gordon's - nice but wouldn't rush back to either. We definitely preferred the restaurants in Antigua.

Food is a very subjective issue....... that's what makes the world go round!

Colorado
Level Contributor
294 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sandals Antigua

I'd like to hear what you think of the diving at Sandals Antigua. We've dove with Sandals at Beaches T & C (two stays), Sandals Negril(2 stays), St Lucian Grande (1 stay & another coming in Apr) The main reason we go to Sandals is for the included diving, have also dove many places around the world & on liveaboards, but are getting older and now prefer easy diving. I heard that the diving in Antigua was lousy, what do you think?

7. Re: Sandals Antigua

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 January 2014, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about St. John's