We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tipping

Illinois
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Topic
tipping

My husband and I are planning a stay at the Grand Pineapple, What type of tipping should we plan on? What type of shape is their workout room?

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
83 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: tipping

I stayed at Grand Pineapple last February. Being all inclusive there is no need to tip, but obviously if you feel any of the staff have been exceptional, then you could give them a tip. We gave the guy who brought our luggage to the tropical waterfront rooms a tip as it was such hot and sweaty work and also we gave our cleaning lady a tip at the end of our stay. She was lovely and we chatted with her whenever we saw her. We gave ECs (Eastern Caribbean dollars).

If you mean what is the gym like, sorry I never found out if there was one! It was all about the relaxation, food and drink :-)

ske
SUSSEX
Level Contributor
992 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: tipping

We did go to gym a few times. Not great but has treadmill etc if you want a basic workout.

Illinois
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: tipping

Thanks! We usually tip in all inclusive, but have not seen anything on Trip Advisor about common amount.

Wallingford, CT
Level Contributor
154 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: tipping

We used the gym daily--there are two older treadmills, two stationary bikes, some random strength machines, and some free weights. Pretty small, not the best, but it did the job.

Illinois
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: tipping

Thanks, my Husband was wanting to know about the gym.

6. Re: tipping

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 February 2014, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about St. John's