We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

closest food-beer store from Galley Bay

Which St. John's hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
upstate new york
Level Contributor
42 posts
78 reviews
Save Topic
closest food-beer store from Galley Bay

Just wondering if anyone could tell me the closest food -beer-liquor store to Galley Bay and approximate taxi fare?

Columbus, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Antigua
Level Contributor
1,635 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: closest food-beer store from Galley Bay

That would be Bargain Centre Supermarket. About 10 minutes away by taxi. I guess around 10 USD one way. You will pass it on your way to the hotel from the airport. Ask the driver to point it out.

Regards

Mark

Royal Tunbridge...
Level Contributor
503 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: closest food-beer store from Galley Bay

Mark is right but since you asked exactly the same question LAST February and got the same answer , again from Mark, I assume that you have already tried it.

I agree that it doesn't really match up to the American idea of a " Supermarket" , and is probably more akin to somewhere like Oneida in the late 50's, and to the best of my knowledge they do not stock US beers

If you are really that determined, you could ask the cab from the airport to detour via the big Epicurean on Friars Hill Road which has a much bigger selection. It would probably cost US$30 -$35 for the trip instead of the US$20 required for the direct trip to GB

To be honest you are going to an All Inclusive resort where WE have never even remotely gone hungry or thirsty since the last Millennium so why bother.

upstate new york
Level Contributor
42 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: closest food-beer store from Galley Bay

Yes I know I did ,however we got delated one day on our way there and we knew we had an excursion planned for the next day and there was a store close to where we were going so we just stopped the next dayafter we arrived.

4. Re: closest food-beer store from Galley Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 February 2014, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about St. John's