We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Evening Wear at Sandals

Which St. John's hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Newfoundland, Canada
Level Contributor
92 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Evening Wear at Sandals

Hi all. Can anyone clarify for us the evening dress code at Sandals, for men & women? Can my husband wear sandals with his long pants for "resort evening attire", or is it shoes only? And could he get away with long shorts, or does it have to be pants? And what about for women? Does a nice sundress or capris and nice top do, or are we expected to wear something more formal? And what would casual evening wear be? Thanks for all your help!

Urbandale, Iowa
Level Contributor
1,318 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Evening Wear at Sandals

Resort Evening: Elegant wear. Dress pants for men, no t-shirts or sleeveless shirts, dress shoes

when they were there they enforced this for the men and we saw many people turned away for dinner. For women they are a little more lenient, I wore a skirt or capris. A sundress would be find.

Haverhill...
Level Contributor
3,896 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Evening Wear at Sandals

My hubby wears Dockers and boat shoes. And women can wear sandals - I prefer not to wear flip flops but rather a nice sandal with a low heel. I generally wear capris with a dressy top or a sundress.

SURREY
Level Contributor
2,472 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Evening Wear at Sandals

i think its only 3 resturants that men have to wear long trs and shoes in really smart casual i would say, but saying that after dinner u are not far away from ur room ur hubby could always just go back and change in to what ever he likes

ur love this place its supurb have a great time :)

Waterford, NY
Level Contributor
654 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Evening Wear at Sandals

As Winnekini says, Dockers and boat shoes... add a Tommy Bahama shirt and you're good to go anyplace!

West Newbury, Ma
Level Contributor
22 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Evening Wear at Sandals

My husband wears dockers and boat shoes (no socks). Light khaki colored dockers are cooler than black or navy--according to my husband! He brings nice collared polo shirts or collared short sleeve button down shirts... He does have dress docker shorts for the less formal restaurants...

I usually wear capris and nice top or sundress,,,,Shoes for evening are nice sandals not flip flops or sandal w low heel....

Don't let all the sequins and gliitter dresses in the catalog and online fool you. You will see a few but most are nicely dressed for ease and comfort on those warm balmy nights....

Newfoundland, Canada
Level Contributor
92 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Evening Wear at Sandals

Thanks all for your help! Now we can start packing!!

7. Re: Evening Wear at Sandals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 March 2014, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about St. John's