We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Pineapple Antigua Questions

Which St. John's hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Jersey
Level Contributor
215 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Grand Pineapple Antigua Questions

My family is staying in a beachfront room for a week this July.

I have emailed Grand Pineapple a few questions but no response, so I was hoping some of you could answer them.

1. Mini Fridge - Since the beachfront rooms don't have these, can one be rented for the week?

2. Laundry - are there coin operated washer & dryers available on the property

3. Shuttle - The booking agent said the transportation to and from the airport included in the cost, but I have seen posts saying it was approximately $30.00 US to the resort from the airport.

4. Are Sandal Select members considered returning guests at GP

5. Towels - Do they have a problem running out of towels and do you normally bring your own

6. Insulated mugs -Will they fill these instead of the small plastic cups

7. Is it difficult reserving a spot for dinner

8. What is the house wine brand, the same as Sandals?

9. Snorkeling off the beach - Is there much to see and are there any good snorkeling trips?

Thanks

UK/Antigua
Destination Expert
for St. John's, Antigua
Level Contributor
5,808 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Grand Pineapple Antigua Questions

Filtered water is free from the bars, it's simply bottled water that has to be bought - this is the case virtually everywhere in the world, even at much more expensive resorts.

The tap water is perfectly drinkable, but can taste quite highly clorinated. I'd recommend taking a bobble or other personal filter bottle, and just refill as needed.

liverpool
Level Contributor
1,218 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Grand Pineapple Antigua Questions

Never heard of a bobble before, just looked it up , very good idea think I will be buying one : )

Bromsgrove, United...
Level Contributor
1,329 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Grand Pineapple Antigua Questions

Durie - The Outhouse ( BBQ shack on a hill and linked and operated by Grand Pineapple) has a massive chest freezer fullof beers,pop etc and bottles of water.

Grab one from here,drink and then refill from the water urn at the bar. We did thsi and then kept it in the fridge in the room.

The water is absolutely fine to drink.

liverpool
Level Contributor
1,218 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Grand Pineapple Antigua Questions

Is the bottled water free from the freezer stevenc4874 ??

Bromsgrove, United...
Level Contributor
1,329 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Grand Pineapple Antigua Questions

Durie- yes it is.

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
87 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Grand Pineapple Antigua Questions

Hi Drurie we are going in October which I believe you said you are. Having been to Cuba two years ago everyone there took the chrome looking thermos cups, they do the job of keeping things cold ie water or in the case of people we saw beers!!!!! We bought two from Asda and they are fab £1 each. Did you manage to sort out your anniversary dinner, its our 18th whilst we are there and would like to do something, however there are three of us as we have an 11 year old daughter. Tracey

Edited: 21 August 2013, 23:42
Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
87 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Grand Pineapple Antigua Questions

Hi durie we are going in October which I believe you said you are. Having been to Cuba two years ago everyone there took the chrome looking thermos cups, they do the job of keeping things cold ie water or in the case of people we saw beers!!!!! We bought two from Asda and they are fab £1 each. Did you manage to sort out your anniversary dinner, its our 18th whilst we are there and would like to do something, however there are three of us as we have an 11 year old daughter. Tracey

liverpool
Level Contributor
1,218 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Grand Pineapple Antigua Questions

Hi Tracey yes I have these flasks and they are good. We fly out on the 11th Oct . I got a response about the beach meal from a rep who works at the GPB, see below :

Hello durie, I hope you are having a good day. We have the private candle light dinner for special occasions. The locations are Beach or Garden for US$140.00 per couple or Hilltop Gazebo for US$170.00 per couple. These have to be booked 24 hours in advance and locations are subject to availability. We have a lot of options for food. Appetizers, salad/soup, entree, and desserts.

I was hoping for the hilltop gazebo : ) Not long now and cant wait hope the weather stays ok for us.

Rayleigh Essex UK
Level Contributor
132 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Grand Pineapple Antigua Questions

Hi mizgeorge

As you have said GPB is part of the sandals group, does it have the same tipping policy as sandals ,the staff will be fired if they accept tips, don't want to get anybody fired just because of a tip

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
87 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Grand Pineapple Antigua Questions

Durie, We are six weeks and counting, cant wait especially now weather is on the turn!!!!! Thanks for info on special meals, we will certainly look at doing something.

Get answers to your questions about St. John's