We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flights to Antigua

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
670 posts
74 reviews
Save Topic
Flights to Antigua

Is anyone else having issues flying round trip on the same day. I can find one flight down but on the way back all flights are layovers in Miami! I am coming from Pittsburgh pa......

Haverhill...
Level Contributor
3,933 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flights to Antigua

We've looked at flights on United and can do it in one day. Connects thru Newark. And I think Delta does also - thru Atlanta. We're avoiding AA as we don't want to go thru Miami, but again we can do it in one day if we did use AA.

Mentioned in this post
Atlanta
Atlanta
Georgia
NJ
Level Contributor
212 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flights to Antigua

My flight from Newark to Antigua is non-stop; round trip. I'll be leaving this weekend. No layover at all. I live in NJ though.

Mentioned in this post
Antigua
Antigua
Antigua and Barbuda
Oldsmar, Florida
Level Contributor
1,200 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flights to Antigua

We had trouble back in April. We ended up with long layovers in Miami - Ugh. Flights definitely aren't are good as they used to be. We'd love to get to St Lucia but we can't get there in one day.

Mentioned in this post
St. Lucia
St. Lucia
Caribbean
Illinois
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Flights to Antigua

We flew out of St. Louis in May with a short lay over in Miami. We flew with AA and had no problems in Miami coming or going! Met a couple from New Jersey down in Antigua said they had a direct flight out of JFK.

Mentioned in this post
New Jersey
New Jersey
United States
Antigua
Antigua
Antigua and Barbuda
Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
670 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flights to Antigua

I will continue to look. I can get down in ond day but for find reason not back home in one day. I did find one united flight but it is significantly more money.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
177 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flights to Antigua

Did you really mean that? You want to do the round trip on the same day? If you mean getting home without an overnight, then it depends entirely on where you want to go. All the North American flights leave home around mid-morning, arrive in Antigua after lunch, turn around and head back. It may then be too late to catch the last connection to your home from there. Check out a morning departure on LIAT to San Juan and go from there.

Mentioned in this post
Antigua
Antigua
Antigua and Barbuda
San Juan
San Juan
Puerto Rico
Illinois
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Flights to Antigua

Check different days of the week. I could not find one for Saturday but found Friday would work!

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
670 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Flights to Antigua

I will try different days. I meant if I leave anu on Tuesday to go home I'd like to get home the sand day and not stay overnight in Miami or Texas. I am not sure why the returns are do different than going. I will keep looking and if all else fails then I will go to Jamaica.

Mentioned in this post
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
Philadelphia
Level Contributor
136 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Flights to Antigua

Have you tried flying to Charlotte and then to Antigua?

Mentioned in this post
Antigua
Antigua
Antigua and Barbuda
Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
670 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Flights to Antigua

No. I just type in pit to anu and everything pops up. I thought that was the only way to do it with connecting flights.

Get answers to your questions about St. John's
Recent Conversations