We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Pineapple Beach

london
Level Contributor
88 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Grand Pineapple Beach

Can anyone help!

I have read on the website that long sleeve shirts and long trousers need to be worn in Restaurants

Is this still the case as I wanted to know what to pack for my trip

UK/Antigua
Destination Expert
for St. John's, Antigua
Level Contributor
6,374 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Pineapple Beach

Long sleeved shirts are not needed - but they should be collared (polo shirt or summer weight shirt). Long trousers - yes, and shoes/smart sandals, not flipflops or trainers.

london
Level Contributor
88 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Pineapple Beach

WOW! such a quick reply

Many Thanks

Liss, Hampshire
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand Pineapple Beach

Hi - is it long trousers for all of the restaurants in the evening?

Thanks

Wallingford, CT
Level Contributor
159 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grand Pineapple Beach

I think only for Pineapple Grill. And as Mizgeorge notes, a collared polo shirt is just fine.

For the standard buffet/Topaz/Chef Pietro setup, my husband sometimes wore nice shorts (the tailored kind, not the gym kind!), a nice t-shirt (of the non-logo variety), and clean sneakers, and did just fine. (The main thing is that you don't want to look like you just came in off the beach and added a tank to your swimsuit!)

Liss, Hampshire
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Grand Pineapple Beach

Thank you - looking forward to November very much.

Sittingbourne...
Level Contributor
282 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Grand Pineapple Beach

Thanks for the info, first return after 18 years, rules are still the same!

Kent
Level Contributor
130 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Grand Pineapple Beach

We got married here last year and are returning in a week's time for our anniversary. its VERY informal - you dont even need a collared shirt - maybe for the grill but not the other evening restaurants, shame really as I quite like when you have to dress appropriately, there were people eating in shorts and a vest top when we were there - hope that helps.

8. Re: Grand Pineapple Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2014, 06:20
Get answers to your questions about St. John's
Recent Conversations