We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach at Sandals

NJ
Level Contributor
12 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Beach at Sandals

I just read that you cannot walk on the beach at night.....is this true?

UK/Antigua
Destination Expert
for St. John's, Antigua
Level Contributor
5,860 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach at Sandals

Of course you can! The area around the resort is very well lit and perfectly safe. There are security guards on the beach and by the resort entrances.

If you want to walk further (and I mean quite a lot further), you need to take sensible precautions, but that would apply just about anywhere in the world to walking at night in an unfamiliar place.

NJ
Level Contributor
12 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach at Sandals

Terrific! Thanks so much. I had just read someone's post, that said the security guards would not let people on the beach at night:(....

Urbandale, Iowa
Level Contributor
1,326 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach at Sandals

i know which one you read and I wouldn't believe everything you read. That person had the complete opposite experience that we have had the last two times we have been there (and are planning on going back a 3rd time.)

UK/Antigua
Destination Expert
for St. John's, Antigua
Level Contributor
5,860 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach at Sandals

How could security guards stop people walking on the beach? It's a public beach, and whilst it's all very organised, at the end of the day, you're paying to be there, not in jail ;)

Haverhill...
Level Contributor
3,915 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beach at Sandals

I totally agree with SueA. And it's important to note also that the Original Poster has never posted anything on TA before - in fact, she only joined TA to post this review. We had a wonderful experience when we were there before and know that we will have a great one again when we return in January.

NJ
Level Contributor
12 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beach at Sandals

Thank you all so much! We are going in January and really can't wait!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
175 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beach at Sandals

Have never stayed at Sandals but have walked the beach many times, including at night. Can't see why there would be a problem.

SURREY
Level Contributor
2,497 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Beach at Sandals

we have stayed at sandels first time was last Christmas 2nd time will be this Christmas :) and we walked the beach most nights its lovely the lapping of the waves in fact we weren't the only walkers there were a few couples who like a nice night time stroll

Oldsmar, Florida
Level Contributor
1,179 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Beach at Sandals

The security guards are there to keep people from coming ONTO the resort, not from leaving it. :-) Just make sure you take a room key with you when you go off the property so there's no problem getting back on. We also always said hello to the guards to help them remember us. One thing nice about Sandals is that you don't have to wear a wristband.

Have a wonderful trip!

10. Re: Beach at Sandals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2014, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about St. John's