We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excursion Questions

Goshen, Indiana
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Excursion Questions

“Excursions/ Tour Questions”

Sep 13, 2013, 10:46 AM

alantz2, Goshen, Indiana, 5 forum posts

Hello! My husband and I will be visiting Antigua for the first time in early October for 9 nights and will be standing at Sandals Grande Antigua. We are interested in booking a tour and was curious of opinions on booking a private catamaran for the day versus taking one of the offered trips (xtreme circumnavigate, etc). We want to see the island and my husband really wants to snorkel. What are the best snorkeling spots? Does anyone know where the "included snorkeling" from Sandals takes place? Any information provided would be greatly appreciated!! We are getting very excited about visiting this beautiful island!!

UK/Antigua
Destination Expert
for St. John's, Antigua
Level Contributor
5,949 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Excursion Questions

The Wadadli Cats site seems OK to me

try these direct links (which are working)

www.wadadlicats.com/circumnavigation.html

http://www.wadadlicats.com/BookTrip.php

Or you can email them on wadadlicats@candw.ag or phone - +1 268 462 4792

I believe they also have a facebook page - https:/…126229470725670

London, United...
Level Contributor
803 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Excursion Questions

Thank you, I've tried the links but can only get the booking page, which I don't want to use until I know more about their cruises, I really appreciate you trying to help though.

I have now emailed them and will also look on their FB page.

Thanks again!

UK/Antigua
Destination Expert
for St. John's, Antigua
Level Contributor
5,949 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Excursion Questions

tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g147242-… will give you a good idea of what they offer.

It's more of a booze cruise than, say, the Xtreme circumnavigation, but a party boat is just what a lot of people are after. It can be a lot of fun - provided it's not too busy - I'd always recommend trying to go on a day when there aren't too many cruise ship visitors around as they can fill the boats pretty quickly.

England
Level Contributor
825 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Excursion Questions

While the booze does come out after the snorkelling, this is during the last half of the trip, and IMO adds to the atmosphere. There is no alcohol served before you have snorkelled, and they do take good care of you while you are in the sea.

We have been on their circumnavigation every year for many years and it never fails to please. We have also done the Adventure Antigua ecotour, but didn't enjoy it as much. Perhaps that was because the weather was a bit iffy that day, but we certainly didn't see as much of the island as on Wadadli.

I am sure you could book by phone either before you go or when you arrive.

15. Re: Excursion Questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about St. John's