We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Activity advice for a cruise ship passenger...

Which St. John's hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
9 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Activity advice for a cruise ship passenger...

My husband and I will be arriving in St. John via a cruise ship. We'd love some advice for activities. We don't necessarily want to do one of the cruise line excursions. We're looking at maybe doing a half day boat trip with snorkeling. Or, visiting stingray city. If we finish a tour early in the day, are there nice beaches relatively close to the cruise pier that we could walk to, or take a short taxi ride to? Can anyone recommend a nice, reasonably priced boat tour company? The one's we've looked at include Kekoa and Sail Safari. Any recommendations on these or others? Just trying to figure out the best thing to do for our day in St. John! Thanks!

Columbus, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Antigua
Level Contributor
1,635 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Activity advice for a cruise ship passenger...

You are on the wrong forum. You want St. John USVI. This forum is St. John's, Antigua.

Regards

Mark.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
9 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Activity advice for a cruise ship passenger...

I was on the St. John USVI and they sent me here. So confused! :/

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
9 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Activity advice for a cruise ship passenger...

My cruise ship itinerary says the port is St John's/Antigua.

Columbus, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Antigua
Level Contributor
1,635 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Activity advice for a cruise ship passenger...

Kekoa and Sail Safari are on St. John USVI. If you do want St. John's Antigua then you are on the right forum.

It happens every so often no problem.

Regards

Mark.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
9 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Activity advice for a cruise ship passenger...

Thanks, Mark. Hmm. I guess my question would be this: What are the best things to see in the day we are in St John's? We'd like some water activities, preferably a boat/catamaran tour with snorkeling, or the stingrays. Recommendations?

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
9 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Activity advice for a cruise ship passenger...

I guess I'd better be sure I'm looking up excursions for the correct place, huh?!

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
1 post
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Activity advice for a cruise ship passenger...

HI

you could try wadadli cats they are based next to the cruise ship terminal or lennox fun tours he dose a wide range of tours lennoxfuntours@hotmail.com

UK/Antigua
Destination Expert
for St. John's, Antigua
Level Contributor
5,782 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Activity advice for a cruise ship passenger...

Given what you want to do, I'd thoroughly recommend the Adventure Antigua Xtreme circumnavigation - which takes you all the way round the island with some great stops - including Sting Ray City, snorkelling, an excellent lunch, deserted beach, Nelson's Dockyard from the water and a fantastic crew who can tell you so much about the island. It's not a booze cruise, but is IMO the most comprehensive water-based trip around.

adventureantigua.com/the-xtreme-circumnav/

Stroud
Level Contributor
13 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Activity advice for a cruise ship passenger...

I agree with Mizgeorge. I went on the extreme circumnavigation in November. Although it appears dearer than some of the others you need to remember that it does include Sting Ray City which entry on it's own is $50 USD. The boats are not as crowded as some of the others and the knowledge of the crew is really good. If you book direct you also get 10% discount.

10. Re: Activity advice for a cruise ship passenger...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 January 2015, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about St. John's