We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Club Sandals in Antigua?

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
637 posts
73 reviews
Save Topic
Club Sandals in Antigua?

Has anyone experienced Club Sandals in Antigua? Just wondering if anything is noticable? Is it better than what the concierge used to be (except the free Wi-fi)? I am thinking we may not see a real difference....

Urbandale, Iowa
Level Contributor
1,353 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Club Sandals in Antigua?

We will in April. I'm looking forward to room service!

Waterford, NY
Level Contributor
656 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Club Sandals in Antigua?

Us too, but in March!

We were super happy with the concierge staff last year, particularly with Venezia, who was all over the place all the time. One busy lady.

Haverhill...
Level Contributor
3,928 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Club Sandals in Antigua?

I'll be able to report back very shortly........... ;)

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
637 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Club Sandals in Antigua?

Perfect. Most of the time we never use anything with the concierge service. Maybe a restaurant reservation but other thsn that I don't use anything. I pick where I want to be located and most times it is concierge or now club level. But everyone is talking about club sandals and j swear it seems like not much changed. They have never done anything for us really.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
29 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Club Sandals in Antigua?

Is the free wifi going to be part of the package as it is in jamaica? That's important for us as we either FT or would call the kids with the VoIP app from the sandals in jamaica.

Fort McMurray...
Level Contributor
493 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Club Sandals in Antigua?

The free wifi is a nice touch, but at a resort like this I don't understand why it is not offered to everyone. We experienced a couple of minor problems with our room and it was nice simply going to the concierge hut and having it taken care of immediately. The people in the concierge area seemed to have a much better idea of how to handle problems and issues than the folks at the front desk.

Haverhill...
Level Contributor
3,928 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Club Sandals in Antigua?

small - Sadly the Sandals Voice app will only work in Jamaica. We didn't have very good success with it at all and I ended up removing it when I got home. We use an international phone instead, and Skype also.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
112 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Club Sandals in Antigua?

We used the VoIP app with success last year at SWH. We have also been thinking about a few other resorts but being able to talk to the kids is very important. We didn't have long calls with them and sometimes the connection wasn't great but it was a nice option to have.

Which Jamaican resort did u use it at Winnekini?

Haverhill...
Level Contributor
3,928 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Club Sandals in Antigua?

We used it at SN and ended up more aggravated than pleased.

Internet here at SGA now is pretty slow - Facetimed with my son, although the connection kept dropping. But for free it is working. ;)

10. Re: Club Sandals in Antigua?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 January 2015, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about St. John's