We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking

Which St. John's hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
inverness
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Topic
Parking

Hi we will be hiring a car whilst in Antigua for 19 nights and will at some point want to visit St Johns. From researching this on TA it seems relatively straight forward but I have read on several occasions that parking is tricky does anyone have any experience of this? Also what is everyones take on going when the cruise ships are in or not?

Thanks

St. John's, Antigua
Destination Expert
for St. John's, Antigua
Level Contributor
1,057 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking

Going on cruise ship days is fine. However, be prepared for gridlock in St. John's and one or two unhappy drivers. Streets are narrow and can take a bit of getting used to. However, if you have a rental, people will be less likely to get upset with you knowing that you are a tourist and not really used to the streets.

Also, there will be a lot of pedestrian traffic, so get used to people walking at the side of the road rather than the sidewalks! You'll be going relatively slowly (speed limit in built up areas 20mph) so as long as you take you're time you'll be fine. Most of the streets are one way, so remember to look for road signs to make sure you don't go down the wrong one.

My recommendation is to use one of the paid parking lots. The best one is just on the corner of Nevis street, close to the pier and tour bus parking. To get there you go straight down Redcliffe Street, take the very last left through Redcliffe Quay, drive through Redcliffe Quay, and then come up Nevis Street. Just after you pass a small parking lot on your left, there will be the entrance and a little booth on your right for the parking lot. Parking is only $2 EC per hour, or I think $12 EC per day. (That's less than £3 PER DAY)

St. John's, Antigua
Destination Expert
for St. John's, Antigua
Level Contributor
1,057 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking

By the way, the parking lot will be close to the BOTTOM of Nevis Street, so soon after you make your turn up.

Much easier than having to wrangle a parking spot in town!

Bronx, New York
Level Contributor
15 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking

I have always found parking near St John's Anglican Church. It is closed for renovations and therefore not a big draw and all you have to do is look up and see the twin towers to locate your car!

4. Re: Parking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 May 2015, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about St. John's