We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Grand Pineapple Beach

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
The Grand Pineapple Beach

Good Morning

I am wondering if anyone has any local knowledge about the pending refurbishment of this hotel i am due to get married late april 2015 all booked and paid for

I have had very little information from sandals

anyone got any info

Kind Regards

London
Level Contributor
90 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Grand Pineapple Beach

I understood it was May 2015, but things do change! I doubt it will be before then.

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Grand Pineapple Beach

Hi

Thanks for the swift reply

I read a review which said local people had confirmed it will be started in april 2015 so was just looking for a bit more info

i am sure sandals would take care of us if it was started early as i understand it will closed till the beaches build is finished

Oshawa, Canada
Level Contributor
2,685 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Grand Pineapple Beach

The other thread re wedding at GPB stated they had confirmed the work will be started in July.

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Grand Pineapple Beach

Hi all can you please send me a valid e-mail address of the hotel. Thanks Dawn

Winchester, United...
Level Contributor
79 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The Grand Pineapple Beach

there is a thred further back on here and things put on face book that GPB is not closing until 2016.

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
83 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The Grand Pineapple Beach

Not only that but when I was there in April considering returning early 2015, the Manager said that should the hotel close when we were due to stay there, they would honour our booking and transfer us to another hotel (I assumed Sandals at the time). Obviously if it is a wedding, you want to be sure, but closure seems to get more and more delayed so you should be fine.

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The Grand Pineapple Beach

Yep i have an email direct from sandals confirming 2016 for the referb

Oshawa, Canada
Level Contributor
2,685 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: The Grand Pineapple Beach

Yes but reading the recent reviews it seems that the general maintenance is not being done. We were booked there for February and have cancelled. Its worth the lost money to sleep at night not stressing about the birds, flies, and rust.

UK/Antigua
Destination Expert
for St. John's, Antigua
Level Contributor
5,880 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: The Grand Pineapple Beach

What a shame to cancel because you've read some reviews that were clearly written by people with very unrealistic expectations. I'm not sure where anyone has got the idea it's meant to be a four star resort, or that it's meant to be Sandals - do they seriously expect either of those things at that price?

Pineapple remains a great basic three star resort with a fabulous location - especially the beach, and some lovely staff. In spite of Sandals lack of investment since they took over, they manage to retain a great deal of old-style Caribbean charm, and anyone who goes expecting to find just that will get it and more.

I've never understood why anyone gets worked up about birds. It's the Caribbean, you're in an open air restaurant, of course there will be some wildlife around. I can think of a whole heap of things worth stressing about, and this really isn't one of them.

England
Level Contributor
800 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: The Grand Pineapple Beach

Hear hear Mizgeorge. 10 more sleeps till we leave for our annual spell in Antigua, and we just can't wait. Bring on the birds and the wildlife, the sun sea and sand, and everything else we love about the island, including those lovely Antiguan people!

Get answers to your questions about St. John's