We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Pineapple Tropical Waterfront

Which St. John's hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dorset
Level Contributor
5 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Grand Pineapple Tropical Waterfront

We are going to GPB in Dec 2014 and staying in a Tropical Waterfront room. I'm trying to decide whether to request a ground floor or first floor room. Can anyone advise what the view is like from the ground floor patios. I would prefer ground floor but not if the view is blocked by bushes.

Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Pineapple Tropical Waterfront

Would like to know what thoughts anyone has on this too. We are going in September and booked tropical waterfront too. I am thinking second floor may be better views. Does anyone know if there is a mini bar in room.

Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Pineapple Tropical Waterfront

Would like to know what thoughts anyone has on this too. We are going in September and booked tropical waterfront too. I am thinking second floor may be better views. Does anyone know if there is a mini bar in room.

Wallingford, CT
Level Contributor
153 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand Pineapple Tropical Waterfront

No minibar, but our room had a refrigerator. It's a quick walk to the main bar. We had a ground floor room and enjoyed the view, but we didn't get a chance to compare to the second floor. There were low bushes (at least, low two years ago), but they didn't block the view.

Oshawa, Canada
Level Contributor
2,047 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grand Pineapple Tropical Waterfront

Is there anything in the fridge? We are there in February and have booked the Tropical Waterfront room as well. Hubby always insists on an upper floor. Hates having people walk about above is in the morning or late at night.

Bromsgrove, United...
Level Contributor
1,323 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Grand Pineapple Tropical Waterfront

KP - I have been to GPB twice and have seen all the standard of rooms.

You will have an unobstructed view of the sea from any Tropical Waterfront Room. The ones to the left side (looking out to sea) have a slightly less attractive view as in your eyesight is a rock area ( it is still lovely though and only a marginal difference).

I would also consider just upgrading to the Beach Front Rooms - we had room 229/231 in consecutive years. T

hey are ground floor and three paces to the beach. They are parallel to the beach and have a lovely view.

The upstairs ones have an obviously elevated view.

Just my opinion...

Oshawa, Canada
Level Contributor
2,047 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Grand Pineapple Tropical Waterfront

It is an upgrade from the Beachfront to the Tropical Waterfront room. And for us here in Canada at a significant cost. Our thought was that the Beachfront rooms might be noisy from the people who go to the beach earlier that we like to get up.

Anyone know if there are screens on the windows? We'd love to turn the ac off at night and sleep with the window open to hear the ocean.

Bromsgrove, United...
Level Contributor
1,323 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Grand Pineapple Tropical Waterfront

Ed Mamma - the '200' block beachfront rooms have patio doors facing the beach with blackout curtains (drapes)

The remainder of the beachfront rooms have a door and patio door facing the beach.

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
83 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Grand Pineapple Tropical Waterfront

We have stayed in the Tropical Beachfront rooms twice. On our first occasion we got the room on the upper floor furthest away (near Miss Mary's Outhouse path up the hill). It is completely private, and we loved it so much that we requested the same room on our second visit. Sadly it was booked, but we got upper floor again in the middle. Not as good, but still quite private.

If you are going, look out for our piece of driftwood at Miss Mary's saying "Sally and Marsh". That's us. It will have been there since April. If you would like to leave your own mark, keep a keen eye out for driftwood on the beach and bring a permanent marker pen!!!! Miss Mary's is cluttered with previous guests names. Just lovely.

9. Re: Grand Pineapple Tropical Waterfront

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2015, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about St. John's