We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Veranda Spa or Grand Pineapple

London, United...
Level Contributor
217 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
Veranda Spa or Grand Pineapple

Going to Antigua in April next year, cant decide which hotel to go for, it will just be my 30 year old daughter and me, looking for peace and quiet, place on the beach and relaxing, can anyone recommend either the Veranda or Grand Pineapple?

Mentioned in this post
Antigua
Antigua
Antigua and Barbuda
L L
Oxford, United...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Veranda Spa or Grand Pineapple

The veranda, been there three times. Never disappointed. Returned last month after a girly holiday to celebrate my mums 70th birthday also with my 23 year old daughter who has been all three times.

2. Re: Veranda Spa or Grand Pineapple

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 14 August 2014, 21:07
London, United...
Level Contributor
217 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Veranda Spa or Grand Pineapple

Thanks for the reply, do you know if any of the accommodation is on the beach, my daughter has a vision of being on the beach in a little hut,,!!

UK/Antigua
Destination Expert
for St. John's, Antigua
Level Contributor
6,396 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Veranda Spa or Grand Pineapple

Neither of these are huts on beaches! Pineapple puts you a lot closer to the sand/water, but is still hotel rooms rather than anything else.

You might look at Hawksbill for something a bit close to her vision - not huts, but great locations and very relaxing with beautiful grounds.

There are other resorts with 'hut' or cottage style accommodations, even a couple on the beach, but they are more couples resorts and might not be as comfortable. Coconut Beach Club might fit the bill though.

There are also some good rentals that might give you this feel, but if you want an AI resort, these wouldn't be what you're after either.

Mentioned in this post
Coconut Beach Club
Coconut Beach Club
775 Reviews
Antigua
England
Level Contributor
919 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Veranda Spa or Grand Pineapple

How about the Beach club at St. James's club? The rooms are on the beach, two floors. If you ask for a ground floor room you can walk straight out onto the beach. Worth a look, and you can do AI.

yorkshire
Level Contributor
4,682 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Veranda Spa or Grand Pineapple

Heads up for the verandah too. Beautiful, and relaxing as you like. We walked to the grand pineapple next door and checked it out but glad we chose the verandah.

New Forest, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Veranda Spa or Grand Pineapple

Hi Melrose

My Daughter (27 years) and I stayed at the GPB and loved it. I would be careful though because I think Sandals are revamping the GPB early next year and it is just along the beach from The Veranda it may be subject to noise/builders coming and goings etc. We want to go in early June next year and a thinking of the Coconut Beach Club as well. Hope you have a great time wherever you go.

Mentioned in this post
Coconut Beach Club
Coconut Beach Club
775 Reviews
Antigua
London, United...
Level Contributor
217 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Veranda Spa or Grand Pineapple

Thank you all for your help, have made a decision and booked a waterfront suite at the Verandah, so no changing my mind now, not going till April next year, so hopefully all the building work will be done !

yorkshire
Level Contributor
4,682 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Veranda Spa or Grand Pineapple

Good choice, you will totally love it. The views from the water front rooms are breathtaking -

London, United...
Level Contributor
217 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Veranda Spa or Grand Pineapple

Thank you for confirming I have made the right choice, it is so difficult sometimes to make a decision.

Get answers to your questions about St. John's
Recent Conversations