We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cocobay - rocky headland?

Berkshire
Level Contributor
361 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Cocobay - rocky headland?

I am researching for next year and this hotel looks and reads well, but from the brochure it looks like it is up high on rocks. Has anyone been and can advise me does this mean loads of steps up and down to the beach, and is it a very small cove with rocks, or rocks in sea? Having been so disappointed in other Caribbean resorts, want it to be spot on this time!

Mentioned in this post
Caribbean
Caribbean
North America
Wakefield, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cocobay - rocky headland?

Hi

We stayed here in January this year and have booked to go back next January.

Although the resort is built into a hillside we did not find this a problem. Some of the rooms are a walk from reception but no steps and no too hard work. As for the beach only a few steps down to it no problem at all.

The sea was perfect no rocks, perfectly clear and a pleasure to go in.

The resort it's self in my opinion is fantastic. We couldn't fault anything. I have previously stayed in 1 other resort but my mum who came to Cocobay with us has visited Antigua 6 times previously and stayed at several resorts but was very impressed with this one and has also booked to go back with us.

If you are looking for a quiet, small resort I would definitely recommend.

Hope this helps

Sally

Mentioned in this post
Cocobay Resort
Cocobay Resort
2,455 Reviews
Antigua
Antigua
Antigua
Antigua and Barbuda
Berkshire
Level Contributor
361 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cocobay - rocky headland?

THANK YOU. That is marvellous. I have made notes on the brochure. Very helpful of you to reply.

Wakefield, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cocobay - rocky headland?

Not a problem, if you have any further questions please feel free to ask.

I don't usually write reviews, this is the first resort I have ever done it for, that's how impressed I was:)

Berkshire
Level Contributor
361 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cocobay - rocky headland?

Is the white wine drinkable? Are tea making facilities in the room to save me packing mine? Is there a hairdresser on site?ng

Wakefield, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cocobay - rocky headland?

Hi

In my opinion all the drinks were fine.

There is a coffee machine in the room which you can use for just hot water I believe, however we are big tea drinkers and took our own travel kettle and teabags. The restuarant staff are great though and supplied us with jugs of milk.

I am not aware of a hairdresser on site.

Like I say it is a small resort, but we did find it was enough for us.

Sally

Berkshire
Level Contributor
361 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cocobay - rocky headland?

Don't need big resort, or shops, or nightlife, just looking for an immaculate beach with calm seas and no rocks or seaweed.

Wakefield, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cocobay - rocky headland?

Hello,

In that case Cocobay is perfect, exactly the same as I wanted:)

Sally

Mentioned in this post
Cocobay Resort
Cocobay Resort
2,455 Reviews
Antigua
Berkshire
Level Contributor
361 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cocobay - rocky headland?

That is it then, no need for me to look at any more brochures! Thank you for all your help.

Wakefield, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cocobay - rocky headland?

You are welcome, if this is the one you book I am sure you will have a lovely time.

In the meantime if you do have any more questions please ask away.

I can't wait to go back in January!!

Sally

Chipping Norton...
Level Contributor
575 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cocobay - rocky headland?

Do make sure that you book at least a sea-view cottage if you want air-con. Having said that - the extra cost is more than worth it for the fantastic view across the bay from your verandah. We have never upgraded to cottage with plunge pool as we love sitting on the beach and by either of the infinity pools.

We also like a cup of tea - but have always managed quite well by using the coffee maker to boil the water. We even like the tea they provide.....

November will be our 3rd visit - and this time it's to celebrate a special "big" birthday.

That's how much we love the place.........

Get answers to your questions about St. John's
Recent Conversations