We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

dress code sandals

barnsley united...
6 posts
Save Topic
dress code sandals

can men wear jeans for evening meals and is polo shirts accepted? going in 2 wks cant wait!!!

Level Contributor
221 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: dress code sandals

seatonway, hope this answers your questions, I am not sure how strict they are on their 'rules', have heard mixed reviews on that, but I hope this helps you. Have a Fantastic trip!

Resort Casual:

Dress shorts or jeans. Swimwear must be covered. No bare feet.

Resort Evening:

Dress pants for men. Shirts with sleeves and collar. Dress shoes.

Bayside Restaurant

Dress code: Resort Casual

Reservations are not Required

Il Palio Restaurant

Dress code: Resort Evening Attire

Reservations are Required

Dress code: Resort Evening Attire

OK Corral Restaurant

Dress code: Resort Casual

Courtyard Bistro

Dress code: No Dress Code

Reservations are not Required

Level Contributor
8 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: dress code sandals

Can you confirm if you were able to wear jeans and polo shirts or not?

I'm just about to book my honeymoon and I can't face two weeks of no jeans and shirts.

Level Contributor
293 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: dress code sandals

I wouldn't wear jeans. First it's a tropical Island and it's in the 80's even at night--Jeans just aren't comfortable. Second, they aren't appropriate for dinner.

Even though they say evening casual you can easily get by in nice shorts and a polo shirt in both Bayside and OK Corral. For Kimono's and Il Paino a nice pair of pants and a polo is fine.

Our community is here to help!Ask questions, get advice and more from travellers like you.
Join TripAdvisor
Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
87 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: dress code sandals

Dockers or other Khakis and Polo shirts are perfect evening attire. You don't see anyone at Sandals (USUALLY) in a tie. Lots of silky island shirts.

It is really too warm in the Caribbean to wear jeans. My husband did wear jeans shorts one night in St Lucia to Kimono's at Regency as it was a "casual" restaurant. Otherwise, he sticks to khakis.

5. Re: dress code sandals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2009, 21:18
Get answers to your questions about St. John's
Recent Conversations