We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flights from Philadelphia

Glen Mills...
Level Contributor
575 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Flights from Philadelphia

Greetings Aruba lovers! We are very much looking forward to our next trip to Aruba in July. Last year we flew non-stop on USAir from PHL to AUA. It seems USAir has stopped flying non-stop on weekdays (we are going Fri to Fri.) Also, the fare has gone up about $100. R/T. Does anyone know of any really good sites or even clubs you can join to get better fares? I've tried all of the usual sites and have not really found anything useful. Thanks!

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
14,966 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flights from Philadelphia

Try MCM Tours - they only book Aruba and have great prices and customer service:

http://www.aruba4u.com/

philadelphia, pa
Level Contributor
815 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flights from Philadelphia

We just flew via US Air ~ Flew in on a Tuesday ( 10: 00 am departure ) & returned on Weds. ( 5:30 pm departure).... Are you looking for any weekday flights?

North Cape May, Nj
Level Contributor
8,652 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flights from Philadelphia

Hello!

We are also going in late july. Depart on a Sunday & return on a Tuesday (9 nights). My flights were originally non stop, but changed. We now have to connect in Charlotte on the return. Also, our departing flight was moved up 3 hours, so we have to be at the airport around 4:30 AM. Liberty Travel comped us a room at the Sheraton Suites near Philly airport even though it wasn't their fault. I booked a room there for our upcoming flight to Vegas. Cost was $145.00. Leave your car there. They shuttle you to the airport and back. I would check Liberty Travel and the tour company mentioned by Aruba Amy.

Yardley...
Level Contributor
1,999 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flights from Philadelphia

us air is completely destroying philly airport. without a non stop they are the worst in the industry for baggage loss too. they are also much higher in price. this year we're using continental out of newark. 2 non stops on saturdays and daily non-stops during the week. the pricing is much better too! more than enough to offset add'l time to get there and some added tolls for the turnpike.

Center Valley...
Level Contributor
907 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flights from Philadelphia

We actually normally fly out of LVIA (ABE airport code), but we're flying out of Newark with Continental. Newark & Philly are equidistant, and we're saving about 300 bucks to make the drive to Newark.

ArubaAmy is right, MCM does have some great deals. We quoted them for our airfare & hotel, but we ended up buying our airfare direct from Continental & our hotel through MCM; it was the same price.

There are some direct flights PHL to AUA, but it's only certain days. Try a combination of dates on their website, or you can call them and have a reservation agent do the dirty work of checking schedules for you. If you aren't too far from Newark, I'd keep EWR in the loop. We paid $798 for two roundtrips including taxes in September...a little more than I would have liked to pay, but it's a fair fare (ha!) when you consider the length of the flight.

philadelphia, pa
Level Contributor
815 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flights from Philadelphia

Mary Jo ~ You are 100% right! We live in Center City & next time we are flying out of Newark on Continential!

Glen Mills...
Level Contributor
575 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Flights from Philadelphia

Thank you for the excellent advice. I will be checking with Continental!

Yardley...
Level Contributor
1,999 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Flights from Philadelphia

have a great trip!!!!

North Cape May, Nj
Level Contributor
8,652 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Flights from Philadelphia

Dear Heather223 & superbunches

I was curious about the difference between US Air & Continental, so I checked out both using various depart/return dates. The lowest was Continental on a Monday to Monday flight in June: however, when I checked out a Saturday to Sunday flight in July, US Air was more than $250pp cheaper. The July flights were non stop for both airlines. I would check BOTH before booking.

Yardley...
Level Contributor
1,999 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Flights from Philadelphia

we are flying memorial day 5/28 (a monday) and returning the following monday 6/4. when i booked us air was well over $600 and was not a direct flight. continental was $384 non stop. yes you do need to always check specific dates but for me what is equally as important is non stop over connections.