We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Double securirt checks at Aruba airport .

n.y.
Level Contributor
957 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Double securirt checks at Aruba airport .

Returned home from Aruba on 03/19/07 , got to the airport 3 hours early as requested , I can see why because you go from line to line . The Aruba airport now has two security check points , one for the Arubians and one for the Americans . So you go through the same procedure twice ( shoes off , metal detector , carry on X- ray ) and then on to american customs . Seemed to take forever , but maybe because of delays from snow storm two days prior in eastern U.S. . The double security check points seem like over kill . What a hassle after such a nice week , weather was beautiful had a great time .

Riverhead, New York
Level Contributor
334 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Double securirt checks at Aruba airport .

Hey burnt:

Welcome home!

Where did you stay?

What did you like the most about your trip?

What did you like the least?

North Carolina
Level Contributor
459 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Double securirt checks at Aruba airport .

Last August we returned home the day that everything happened at the London airport....so they were implementing the new "NO LIQUIDS" plan. That on top of the double check points was a big hassle. One is for Aruban customs and one is for US customs...like you I do not understand why they can't be combined.

pennsylvania
Level Contributor
685 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Double securirt checks at Aruba airport .

I was in aruba last summer and was surprised by the two security check points but then when we got to america we had already done the customs check in aruba so doesnt it all even out ?

Camillus, NY
Level Contributor
764 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Double securirt checks at Aruba airport .

We also returned from Aruba on 3/19. Were originally supposed to come back 3/17. I was amazed at how easy security was. I don't recall 2 check points. We did only go through customs in Aruba, not US [on the way back]. Granted, it was 1:00 in the morning!

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
15,189 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Double securirt checks at Aruba airport .

When departing Aruba, you will always go through U.S. customs in Aruba and not in the U.S. Aruba is one of the few countries (there are a few others) set up this way so that the U.S. customs portion is taken care of before boarding the plane.

There are 2 security checkpoints in Aruba - one before you go through customs and one after you go through customs.

6. Re: Double securirt checks at Aruba airport .

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2009, 07:19