We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amsterdam Manor

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
253 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Amsterdam Manor

Well, my husband and I have decided on Amsterdam Manor for our New Years Vacation this year. I know I heard some complaints about the smell, but I am going to take my chances , because everything else about the place sound perfect. Does anyone know if there's internet access in the rooms, because my college age son will be coming with us and I know as long as he has internet access he's happy wherever we go. I know there's computers in the lobby, but I don't want him compromising the use of computers that everyone else will be using also. I am hoping to get a 2 bedroom on the second floor. Just waiting to hear back from the reservation desk to see if they have the availability. Can't wait to go.

Patty

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
15,392 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Amsterdam Manor

They do have free broadband internet connection there.

We love Amsterdam Manor - and will be back there at the end of this month and again in Sept. for 2 weeks.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
253 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Amsterdam Manor

Thank you Aruba Amy- does that mean he'll have access in our room to wireless or is it like plug in to the broadband.or DSL like we have at home here. Sorry- I'm not too computer savvy. We are so looking forward to the Amsterdam Manor. SO many wonderful things have been said about it. Much more good than bad. I just can't fathom going to Aruba and staying at one of the high rise hotels- I could go to MIami if I wanted that!!! It's been 12 years since I've been to Aruba- so I'm curious to how much it has changed

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
15,392 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Amsterdam Manor

They have WiFi and some rooms have cable hook-up. I have never tried to use it there. I've always used the free internet access in the lobby area to check my email.

I think you'll like Amsterdam Manor. It's nice and quiet (only 72 rooms) and the beach is never crowded. It's just a nice, relaxing vacation.

4. Re: Amsterdam Manor

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2009, 12:25