We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are these good Aruba restaurant choices??

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Topic
Are these good Aruba restaurant choices??

I am looking for help on restaurants for our honeymoon June 2-9 (7 nights). We are staying at the Radisson Aruba. There are so many that received rave reviews that I am having trouble deciding. My fiance is not a huge fish eater so I decided against some seafood places. I also wanted to get some reasonable meals in. Here is what I thought, but I also heard great things about Bucuti's restaurant, Sole Mare, Mirandi, and Papamiento. Would anyone switch what I have with one of these four, or and I missing any others? As you can see I am looking forward to being off my wedding diet!!

LaTrattoria at the lighthouse

El Gaucho

Madame Janette

Tierra Del Sol Ventanas Del mar

Gasparito

Pinchos

Radisson restaurant where we have a free dinner

New Jersey
Level Contributor
5,039 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Are these good Aruba restaurant choices??

I would go to the lighthouse for a drink and skip dinner there. Maybe try Sole Mare that evening instead. I would keep El Gaucho and Madame Janette. However, I might switch out one of the others for Marandi.

Hope this helps.

Enjoy and congratulations on your wedding!

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Are these good Aruba restaurant choices??

Thanks! Is Sole Mare (or one of the other restaurants) near the lighthouse? Just don't want to pay more than up and back for cab ride.

North Cape May, Nj
Level Contributor
8,643 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Are these good Aruba restaurant choices??

You have made some very good choices. LaTrattoria is too far to go for a drink if you don't have a rental car. Sole Mare is in Palm Beach, so you could walk there. I am not familiar with Pinchos. If your fiance likes Italian, then I would substitute Sole Mare for Pinchos. You may wish to substitute Mirandi for Gasparito. There are so many good restaurants in Aruba that it is difficult to choose seven. Maybe you could advise type of cuisine favored for more info.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Are these good Aruba restaurant choices??

Thanks so much for the info! Can you see the lighthouse on one of the jeep tours or the bus that goes to different bars? Should we book those in advance btw?

We love Italian, Mexican, Japanese (is Blossoms worth going to?) I am confused over the cuisine at Gasparito. I have heard it is good, but is it worth going? I think we will definitly go with Sole Mare instead of Latrattoria. I don't eat steak, but my fiance does and it looks like all steak places have other entrees. My fiance is allergic to shellfish and is not a seafood person, but besides that we eat anything! Is it worth going to Bucuti for their dinner?

Thanks again!

North Cape May, Nj
Level Contributor
8,643 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Are these good Aruba restaurant choices??

The Kukoo Kunuku party bus goes to the lighthouse to toast the sunset before dinner and bar hopping. You can reserve when you get to Aruba.

Restaurants:

Stay with Madame Janette's; Ventanas del Mar and the free dinner at Radisson. Also stay with El Gaucho.

Substitute Sole Mare for LaTrattoria.

Substitute Blossoms for Pinchos

Gasparitos doesn't sound like your kind of restaurant. I would suggest Marandi's instead OR you could walk to Tango's. Another option would be to go downtown and have a casual dinner at Iguana Joe's or Mambo Jambo.

So many choices - so little time. Return next year and hit some that you couldn't fit in this year.

philadelphia, pa
Level Contributor
815 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Are these good Aruba restaurant choices??

Definitely check out Marandi ~ it is simply amazing. Try to get a table during the sunset. You won't be dissapointed.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
5,039 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Are these good Aruba restaurant choices??

I respectfully disagree with LaTrattoria...the views are beautiful, but - the service and the food are not so beautiful. I think you could find a better dining option. But...that's just my opinion.

(And Tony makes a great point about getting up to the lighthouse during the KuKoo excursion!)

Glen Mills...
Level Contributor
575 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Are these good Aruba restaurant choices??

Keep in mind, if you make your Kukoo reservations yourself (and not through the concierge or one of the trip brokers) you will get a discount. Congratulations on your wedding! My husband and I honeymooned in Aruba as well.

Bonaire
Level Contributor
5,944 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Are these good Aruba restaurant choices??

Out of your choices, here are my recommendations:

Madame Janette

Tierra Del Sol Ventanas Del mar

Gasparito

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
14,942 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Are these good Aruba restaurant choices??

Out of the restaurants you mentioned, these are our favorites:

Marandi

Papiamento

Madame Janette

Ventanas del Mar

Gasparito (sit outside)

I would do Pinchos just for drinks at sunset and El Gaucho if you like steak and a loud atmosphere (we like the food there but definitely not a romantic place.)