We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants on the sand??

San Diego
Level Contributor
31 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants on the sand??

Hi,

I am actually in Aruba RIGHT NOW and am trying to search but the internet is spotty. We want to hit up a restaurant in a couple of days and are trying to find a place that has seats in the sand. Anything like that around? Fine dining accepted! haha thanks!

CT
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants on the sand??

There are a couple - my favorite is definitely Flying Fishbone. I think the food is fantastic as well.

The Marriott Stellaris Resort also has Simply Fish which has seating in the sand.

There are a couple of others - but I definitely recommend Flying Fishbone.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
5,039 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants on the sand??

Our favorite is Simply Fish.

Never really hear a negative review about Flying Fishbones or Marandi either.

Enjoy.

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
15,265 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants on the sand??

Our favorites for tables in the sand: Flying Fishbone and Passions.

Marandi is also great - nice beach view but your table isn't right in the sand (still great ambiance and food though!)

San Diego...
Level Contributor
398 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants on the sand??

Also the Pirates nest at the Bucuti had table dinning in the sand. Just another suggestion!

San Diego
Level Contributor
31 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants on the sand??

hi all!

Thanks so much for the help. We were down at Baby Beach and stopped at the Flying Fishbone on the way back. They were just opening but all the beach tables were already reserved. We sat at the upstairs deck in the corner and had a spectacular view of the sunset. The food and service was outstanding, I recommend it if someone is looking for a great dinner. Some of the beach tables looked a little.....squirrely (legs balanced on rocks, uneven, etc...) so sitting upstairs was just fine. If you plan on going, make a reservation a day ahead...

We are going to check out either Marandi or the Argentine Grill place tonight...

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
181 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants on the sand??

We had an absolutely delicious meal at Passions. The fish soup was amazing, the spread they served with the bread was exquisite, and the rest of the meal was also quite good. I wouldn't hesitate to go back there.

We also had a good meal at Simply Fish, although the choices were somewhat limited.

San Diego
Level Contributor
31 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurants on the sand??

I thought i would add an update:

We ended up going to Passions on our last night. I don't know if it is the time of year or what, but the experience was not very impressive.

For starters, there was a guy singing and playing piano. Normally this might be ok except he was very loud and played about 15 seconds of a song and moved to the next. That got kind of irritating.

The wine came out and was served in plastic glasses. I am normally not snobby or anything, but wine in plastic is a big no-no. Every other place we ate at dealt with plenty of wind (including flying fishbone) and still served wine in glasses.

The food itself was decent, but the little things left a big impression.

If you don't care about the above stuff it is a good meal, just try to go before sunset or you might be sitting at a very dark table (some are some aren't)

Riverhead, New York
Level Contributor
336 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurants on the sand??

Our Flying Fishbone meal was a disaster.

We found Pirata Marina very impressive and while not in the sand (and I agree about your thoughts on the FF tables - many are just too tilted to comfortably dine) they are on a dock over the water.

Also, while there is not much ambience, Driftwood puts out a great meal.

On the less fancy side, Smokey Joe's in the high-rise area puts out a tremendous amount of terrific ribs (I am ashamed to say that I ate myself sick) that had the BEST barbecue sauce I've ever had. Who'da thunk it?

New Jersey
Level Contributor
5,039 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurants on the sand??

I've heard a few similar stories regarding FF recently.

It's not at all like that at Simply Fish. (Not that we've experienced.)

10. Re: Restaurants on the sand??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2009, 08:21