We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Renaissance Island ?'s.....

NC
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
Renaissance Island ?'s.....

My fiance' and I will be on a cruise 11/07 that one of the ports-of-call is Aruba. I am very excited about our stop there. I have a ? for anyone that can help me. I want to know about Renaissance Island. I read a forum on cruise critic that talked about it and wanted to know if anyone personally has been there that has been to aruba. I would lkie to know cost,transportation,etc..

thanks,

philadelphia, pa
Level Contributor
815 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Renaissance Island ?'s.....

The Ren Private Island is the main reason why we stay at that hotel. It is simply fabulous. It is a tiny island off of the coast that accessed via water taxis from both hotels on the Ren property. The island has two beachs ~ one for adults, one for families. There is a resturant & waitor service from the beach.

There are beach chairs, hammocks & palapas. Never any issue getting either one of these. If the hotel is 100% occupied, they will not allow non hotel guests to have access. The cost does included lunch & one drink. The pass can be purchased at the watersport shop on the island ( the shop rents non motorized water sports, tennis raquets for the court and has towels for the fitness center).

There is a small nature path and some exotic animals ~ flamingos, iguanas, etc. You also have the option of having a massage on the PI, as well.

The cruise dock is a short walk from the one water taxi stop ( the one next to the heliport). HTH!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,059 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Renaissance Island ?'s.....

We purchased our one-day passes to Ren Island at the reception desk of the Renaissance Hotel - $50 per person - the water taxi leaves from inside the Ren Mall - one floor down from the reception desk. It includes lunch, drink, towel and one unmotorized sport (float, snorkel equipment, etc.)

You can walk to the Ren from the cruise ship dock.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,059 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Renaissance Island ?'s.....

I'm not sure if you can purchase your one day pass at the dock by the heliport -- maybe Heather knows -- when we returned from the island, we got off at the stop closer to the heliport because we parked there - I didn't notice a place to buy tickets there, but I wasn't really looking for it.

philadelphia, pa
Level Contributor
815 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Renaissance Island ?'s.....

I believe the helicopter / heliport is a seperate entity.

Marriott.com would probably be able to answer that question. They are very good with providing answers in a timely manner.

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
15,353 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Renaissance Island ?'s.....

You will need to purchase your one day pass at the reception desk at the Renaissance.

Upstate NY
Level Contributor
156 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Renaissance Island ?'s.....

ATABAYB ~ It's well worth the $50!

We stayed on Palm Beach in March but spent a day on RI and absolutely loved it! The water was calm so we could just sit on our floats and enjoy the sun. The meal and drink even came with ice cream! In the afternoon, you can hear the planes coming and going, but it didn't matter.

We bought our tickets at the hotel's check-in desk and picked-up the boat in the lobby.

It was just a wonderful day and we'll be going there again!

NC
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Renaissance Island ?'s.....

Than you to all of you that posted on this topic for me. I am really excited about my trip and this really helped me out a great deal. Once again THANK YOU!!

Bloomington...
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Renaissance Island ?'s.....

Does anyone know if they offer a children's rate? Sounds like a nice day trip for the family! Thanks!

philadelphia, pa
Level Contributor
815 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Renaissance Island ?'s.....

I believe it is one price ~

10. Re: Renaissance Island ?'s.....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2009, 16:23