We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Manchebo Beach Resort

New York
4 posts
Save Topic
Manchebo Beach Resort

Hi everyone,

I am going with my boyfriend to Aruba and booked the wonderful Manchebo. Can anyone tell me which is the most beautiful room there? And would it be possible to get a free upgrade to an oceanfront room? This is a special vacation for us, so it should be very romantic.. Can anyone recommend some romantic spots there? Like dining on the beach, trips to curacao by boat (airplane is so expensive!) etc.

An does Manchebo have a beach volleyball field? My boyfriend and I love to play on the beach!

Thank you very much in advance,

Ramo

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
933 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Manchebo Beach Resort

I know that Room 73 has a great view over the spa to the beach. I would not know about a free upgrade to a oceanfront room as we always pay for the ocean view up front - that way I know I will get what I want. To be honest all the rooms are ocean front - there is just sooo much beach there you might not see it. I think they list their rooms as ocean view and garden view. There is no volleyball field and I am not sure about a volleyball net either. I am sure others will chime in on your question about a romantic dinner, going to Curacao etc.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
5,039 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Manchebo Beach Resort

My favorite for beach dining is Simply Fish at the Marriott.

Riverhead, New York
Level Contributor
336 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Manchebo Beach Resort

Great choice!

We recently stayed in room # 48 - PERFECT!

here is a link to my review with lots of pictures

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g147249-d150…

romantic spots abound. The beach is very large and nearly empty at night (wink, wink)

we tried dining on the beach at Flying Fishbone - I would NOT recommend it. Try Marina Pirata - not on the beach itself, but in the water. Also, I have not heard any bad reviews of Simply Fish - I'm sorry I didn't try it at the time.

Yes, Manchebo has a beach volleyball court/field.

Feel free to ask me anything you like about Manchebo.

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
15,395 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Manchebo Beach Resort

It's doubtful that you would get a free upgrade because Manchebo is small and almost always fully booked. If you look at the aerial photo at the following link you will see 2 buildings on the left - those are considered oceanfront. And you will see 4 buildings on the right hand side - the 2 bldgs facing the beach are considered oceanfront and the 2 bldgs in the back facing the opposite way are the gardenview rooms.

http://www.manchebo.com/start.shtml

No boats to Curacao - only way to get there is by plane.

Some of our favorite romantic restaurants:

Flying Fishbone

Passions

Madame Janette's

New Jersey
Level Contributor
5,039 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Manchebo Beach Resort

It's cute there, Amy.

You're just full of fun links today!

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
933 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Manchebo Beach Resort

Sorry about the misinformation on the volleyball thing - you can tell it's not something I was looking for. I am glad other are more on the ball (pun totally intended) than me.

You can ask me anything about the Pega Pega Restaurant/Bar though and I bet I will know something :)

NJ
Level Contributor
2,360 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Manchebo Beach Resort

There was a volleyball net set up on the beach, further down towards the Divi direction. Maybe at Casa Del Mar.

New York
4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Manchebo Beach Resort

I want to thank all of you for your help and recommendation! I cannot wait to finally get there! Thank you so much!

North Cape May, Nj
Level Contributor
8,934 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Manchebo Beach Resort

There is dining on the beach next door at Bucuti Beach Hotel. Other beach dining spots include Simply Fish, Passions and Flying Fishbone.

10. Re: Manchebo Beach Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2009, 07:19