We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which restaurants do I choose????

Connecticut
Level Contributor
48 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Which restaurants do I choose????

My husband and I are going to Aruba (first time), and staying at the Bucuti for our 25th anniversary. Friends have told us of many restaurants that they enjoyed. However we can only choose 4 or 5. Would anyone be able to help us narrow it down? We're looking for good service, great food, and great views would be a big plus. Thank you. Here's the list we have: (some spelling might be incorrect) Flying Fishbone, Madame Janettes, Marandis, El Gaucho, Gasparito, Pirates Nest, Aqua Grill, The restaurant at the Golf Country Club, Tuscany and the Palm Grill.

Thank you soooooooooo much for any advise you can give us.

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
14,963 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which restaurants do I choose????

Of the ones you listed I would pick these 5 as my favorites for food, service, and ambiance:

Flying Fishbone

Madame Janette

Marandi

Gasparito

Ventanas del Mar (the restaurant at the golf course)

philadelphia, pa
Level Contributor
815 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which restaurants do I choose????

Out of the list ~ I would personally choose the following for great service & great food:

Flying Fishbone ( great views too)

Marandi ( great views too)

El Gaucho

MJs

One not on the list that is one of our favorites is LG Smith's Chop House ( some spots have great views of downtown) You can also get a Dinner for 2 Certificate on Marriott.com for $109 that covers 4 courses.

Oshkosh, Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
1,598 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Which restaurants do I choose????

Hard to argue with Amy's choices but I'm going to add 2:

Marina Pirata (great sunset from the deck)

Chefs Tables (great food)

Riverdale, New...
Level Contributor
511 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Which restaurants do I choose????

do not miss gasparitos

Level Contributor
170 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which restaurants do I choose????

I'd drop Pirates Nest off that list unless you are just too tired the day you arrive (or leave) to go anywhere else. I found it really mediocre.

I'd add LeDome to your list. It doesn't have a view but I think it's the best food and service on the island. You can walk over to it from Bucuti.

You've made a good choice in your hotel. Bucuti sits on a great stretch of beach that is never crowded. The only downside is the pool tho I've heard in their newsletter that it's been re-done recently.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
2,668 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which restaurants do I choose????

I would definitely recommend MJ's, Gasparito and of course, Marandi. Tuscany is good, although I thought it was a bit overpriced.

In my opinion - skip Aqua Grill. The food was just so-so and service lacking. Again, just my thoughts.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
557 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which restaurants do I choose????

Ventanas del Mar (the restaurant at the golf course) was the best meal we had our entire 12 night stay recently - highly recommended

Boston...
Level Contributor
57 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which restaurants do I choose????

Just a plug for Aqua grill. We had heard mediocre reviews on this site, but decided to try it anyway. Had the best meal of our week in Aruba. The swordfish was so fresh and prepared the best we have ever had it in our entire lives. Service was excellent, wine menu extensive. We loved it and will definitely go back again next year.

North Cape May, Nj
Level Contributor
8,652 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Which restaurants do I choose????

Are you renting a car?

1. If you are renting a car, then ArubaAmy's list is excellent.

2. If you are not renting a car I would drop Flying Fishbone and substitute LeDome. Walking distance from Bucuti and outstanding food/service.

It gets very confusing when trying to narrow down restaurants. All of those mentioned are excellent, so just pick 4 or 5 and enjoy.

I personally would include LeDome somehow, someway.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
22 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Which restaurants do I choose????

Papmiento's is amazing... very romatic, outstanding food.