We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jewelry...

NY
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Topic
Jewelry...

There was a post on a wedding message board I frequent about leaving e-rings and wedding bands home while honeymooning. I was planning to leave our jewelry in the safe during the day and wearing it out to dinner etc. Is this not a good idea? We're staying at the Bucuti. Thx.!

Riverdale, New...
Level Contributor
511 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Jewelry...

i leave my rings in the safe. in the 10 trips to aruba we never had a problem . don't wear them on the beach. too much sand and salt.

philadelphia, pa
Level Contributor
815 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jewelry...

Personally, we have never experienced any issues with leaving items in a safe in Aruba.

We were also engaged in Aruba on the last night of a seven day trip a couple of years ago. The ring was in the safe the entire time and nothing happend.

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
15,353 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jewelry...

I've been doing the same in Aruba for years - leave my wedding rings in the safe during the day because of sand, suntan lotion, etc. and then wear them when I go out at night.

MASS
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Jewelry...

Does anyone recommend a Jewelry Store down there to buy from?

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
2,668 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jewelry...

For jewelry store recommendations, I have has terrific luck with Little Switzerland and would also recommend Shiva's.

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
56 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jewelry...

I bring costume jewelry, cubic zirconia and sterling silver when I go away. Then, there is NOTHING to worry about!

7. Re: Jewelry...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2009, 05:23