We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

palapas, at the westin, can anyone advise?

belle harbor,NY
5 posts
Save Topic
palapas, at the westin, can anyone advise?

hi, hearing different stories about palapas at the westin, do have to pay for all of thn, or is it just front row, or can u get them free that day

will they be tought to get in october?

thanks in advance for those who respond

new york
Level Contributor
148 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: palapas, at the westin, can anyone advise?

You can reserve a palapa for the week. It costs $30 a day and they bring you 4 bottles of water and fruit. You can reserve any palapa that is availabl - front row second row or any row that you want. You can also get a palapa for free by getting up early and standing on line to reserve you hut for the day. We found renting for the week to be very convenient. We didn't have to get up and start rushing to get a palapa. Whatever time we decided to stroll down, it was there. They set up your chairs under the hut and lay out your towels. Very convenient.

Riverdale, New...
Level Contributor
511 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: palapas, at the westin, can anyone advise?

i don't know - $30 a day equals $210 for the week. this is money for something that is FREE. you shouldn't pay for palapas. aren't the rooms expensive enough? it's no big deal to get up early and relax on the beach - or go back tot he room after you reserved a palalpa and snooze there if you are tired. we always take cat naps under the palapa wherever we stay. just saying.

belle harbor,NY
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: palapas, at the westin, can anyone advise?

thanks for the info, does sound nice, but it also a little expensive for something that is free, can you reserve for a co uple of days or does it have to be the whole weer

thanks for your responses

Boston...
Level Contributor
722 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: palapas, at the westin, can anyone advise?

hi, does anyone have a picture or map of the palapas at the westin?

i am going in 3 weeks, and def. want to rent one....been to aruba 6 times now and trying to get a palapa at any of the hotels means getting up eariler and earlier..while we like to get up early we do not necesarrily like to get up early and wait in line..to me it is worth the extra...we like to have coffee on our balcony and relax first thing..

the way i look at it, its up the indiviual on trying to decide if its worh it, we got such a great deal at the westin it was 1/2 price of my orginal res. at the Hyatt....usally stay at raddsion (toally booked), with all the const. at Hyatt not worth the extra money...

besides i think as beautiful as the Hyatt is, I REALLY would have missed having a balcony, there is nothing like sitting out there early moring watchin sunrise, and breathtaking at nite to have cocktails watching the the most unbeleivable sunsets ever....

thanks

NC
Level Contributor
184 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: palapas, at the westin, can anyone advise?

We stayed there last fall when it was Aruba Resort & Spa. The free palapas were available but never in a good location. Also if you leave your palapa for more than 2 hours they take your chair and towel. I stood in line at 7:30am and my palapa was third row. No beach service to set up my chair. I sat there for 20-30 minutes, then wife came out. No beach service for her chair either. We went to breakfast, to walk the beach and to swim. Came back to the palapa to find our chairs and towels were gone! The girls at the towel stand claimed the time we left the palapa un-attended was more than 2 hours. Things like that can spoil your day if you let it but we took towels and moved to the pool.

6. Re: palapas, at the westin, can anyone advise?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2009, 11:20