We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

All Inclusives?

New York
Level Contributor
223 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
All Inclusives?

My husnad & I are planning our first trip to ARuba for a belated honeymoon next month. We were told it is $$$ there. So we were planning to book an All Inclusive-torn between the Westin, Occidental & Riu . We need a hotel that has a fitness center with free weights - for my husband & we want a really nice room with an great oceanview-noty tilt your head & look over buildings. If anyone has any suggestions-it would be greatly apprecaited. I always read before I go away & I always post when I get back. Trip Advisor is great! Thanks for your help!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
5,039 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: All Inclusives?

If you're from NY - chances are you won't think Aruba is that expensive. We didn't. And, restaurant prices vary. If you browse the forums, you'll probably see that a majority of people would suggest not going AI - there are an awful lot of great restaurants to try and the island is so safe and easy to get around.

If you're set on AI - RIU sounds like they're having some overbookings. Haven't really been keeping up on the threads. There are a million of them, that's for sure - so you might be able to find that information there. Otherwise, I've heard pretty good things about Occidental. Tamarijn and Divi are also an option on Eagle Beach. Tamarijn is RIGHT on the beach. Rooms are ocean-front. However, it's not as updated as Occidental and RIU (the rooms are very basic) and they won't have the fitness facility your husband is looking for.

If you consider non-AI, please look at Bucuti - it's perfect for HMs. (I don't know if this has the fitness area either.)

If you decide you'd like non-AI on Palm Beach - the Hyatt is gorgeous. I'd suggest Marriott Stellaris - but it will still be under construction next month.

Hope this helps.

Boston...
Level Contributor
722 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: All Inclusives?

My DS and his new wife just got back this week from the WESTIN AI, they had a wonderful time they said the food was really really good...we think that is because it is not exclusively AI so the food and service has to be good for the people paying top dollar...

while i must say i myself am not a great fan of AI in Aruba (so many wonderful restaurants), my DS did not want to worry about money ect.while he was there...it was all paid before hand..he only needed spending money for anything outside of the hotels...some posters warned of all the extra charges but he said all was fine...

all drinks were top shelf and the dinner on the Beach was incrediable.....perfect for honeymooners..

they loved the balcony...Hyatt does not have full just step out..which ever you chose you will have a wonderful time in Aruba..we love it there..heading down in 3 weeks ourselves for our 6th trip.

3. Re: All Inclusives?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2009, 13:18