We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

radisson upgrade info needed

Riverdale, New...
Level Contributor
511 posts
Save Topic
radisson upgrade info needed

does anyone have an idea on how to get an upgrade for a room with a better view than we reserved? we have partial oceanview. the catagory was QUITE a bit more for an oceanview room. any suggestions on how to get a better view and NOT pay through our lungs? many thanks.

Boston...
Level Contributor
722 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: radisson upgrade info needed

Good Luck with that....I have stayed at the Raddison 3 times now and I have found the front desk to be very stingy on that...We payed for o/v once and didnt get it ...had to fight for that..

I must say that as much as I love Aruba i have found that we have a problem with the front desk at every hotel....now i know you must be saying that it must be us but i find this to be an Arubian thing...i dont think i am the only one that feels this way too.....

was is it that front desk people who are in the hospitality field are not very hospitable....oh well still love it there and well be going back in 2 weeks.....

Lakewood Ranch...
Level Contributor
77 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: radisson upgrade info needed

We were just at the Radisson last week. We had reserved a partial oceanview room and requested the Aruba Tower. When we checked in they told us we had been upgraded to an Executive King room on the 7th floor with an ocianview. It was a great room and we didn't even have to ask for an upgrade. But our travel agent to make a note to the Radisson when she made the reservation that we were 5th year repeaters. Don't know if that made a difference or not! Maybe we just got lucky.

Riverdale, New...
Level Contributor
511 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: radisson upgrade info needed

we booked the hotel directly with the radisson. we are both celebrating our 60th birthdays so maybe they will take pity on us and give the old folk a nice view lol. i'll request the aruba tower with the best view possible when i fill out their preferrence form a week before we go. worst case scenerio is that if i don't like our room i'll go to the front desk and pay through the nose for a better location!

if one is available. we stayed there on our very first trip to aruba many years ago!

4. Re: radisson upgrade info needed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2009, 23:16