Hello and Happy New Year. I am not usually one to complain, and I love to praise good service, but wanted to warn folks about some bad experiences. I will post them separately, as I was almost finished with my log post, and must have accidentally touched something on this laptop and deleted it!
The topics, which I will post as I have time (I am sharing this laptop with the group of 6 I am travelling with) are:
1. No service from Fastphones, despite reservations made in advancewith Sean (the people were nowhere to be found and didn't answer phonecalls)
2. Ripoffs from some taxidrivers at the airport (most cabbies were fine, but a few were not. We were overcharged by a very scary, bad driver!! Many vans that could clearly hold 6 wouldnt-so we had to take 2 cabs.(we were later told they do this, especially at the holidays, to let more drivers get fares). They charged more on Sundays, but should not have charged $5 more (one charged $3 more, one,the bad driver, inisted on $5 despite my having read here by recent posters that the fare should be $20)
3. Fun, but TERRIBLE experience with the ATV Extravaganza people (trip started 1 hr late due to equipment problems so only got2 of the 3 hrs scheduled, equipment broke down frequently, left us on the side of the road for 45' of those 2 remaining hours, second ATV broke later in the middle of the trip and had to be towed back in with a towrope) and NO WILLINGNESS of the owners or staff (Lenoshka, Uka or Lalit)to discuss a price adjustment. People after us wer totally unable to go due to similar problemsw and the company would not refund their money- they were MAD, and slammed a door so hard it broke!)
4. The Marriott Ocean Club is fine (though needs a coat of paint). Didn't really appreciate being awakened at 8 am by them trying to push a timeshare tour. Then got a second call about the same thing. They did stop calling when we told them we were not interested.
5. Moombas beach bar served some awful drink with sweet blue stuff in it when my son asked for a gin and tonic- and then the bartender ignored him when he tried to get this corrected. Granted, it was New Years eve, but still...
We are scheduled today to go on a sail/scuba trip with Red Sail sports. Hopefully that will go well.
More to come....