We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What NOT to bother doing.

Manitoba, Canada
Level Contributor
193 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
What NOT to bother doing.

Hey folks. I was just wondering what your opinion is on things that shouldn't be wasting your time and money on. I know most of this is subjective and one person's boring excursion is another person's fun adventure, but nonetheless, I want to know what you would recommed not to do and to skip for excursions, sightseeing etc.

If you could tell me why you wouldn't recommend it as well, I would appreciate i.

thanks all!

Cape Cod...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Provincetown
Level Contributor
4,450 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What NOT to bother doing.

Atlantis Submarine. It is a rip off and only one side sees the fish at the same time and if you are the first to see the fish, the people on the other side are looking over your shoulder. A waste.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
2,668 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What NOT to bother doing.

I would recommend skipping, for dinner, the Aqua Grill. I like to think of myself as a 'glass-is-half-full" kind of gal, but there was nothing redeeming about this restaurant. Terrible food, terrible service...horrible way to spend our last evening in Aruba. Never again.

And while most others absolutely love it, and am putting myself at risk of being publicly flogged by my fellow posters, I would skip El Gaucho as well. Quantity over quality, IMHO. Went once; will not return. Again, others seem to love it.

Maryland
Level Contributor
315 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What NOT to bother doing.

I agree with Arubamasc, we ate at El Gaucho our 1st visit to Aruba 2 years ago and it was excellent, this year we tried El Gaucho again and my hubby and I were very dissapointed. So I guess Iam going to get lynched with arubamasc.

NYC
Level Contributor
510 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: What NOT to bother doing.

I also agree with arubamasc about BOTH restaurants. Will not return to either. While Aqua Grill's food and service was terrible, El Goucho's food was good, but the service was not and neither is the ambience.

NYC
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: What NOT to bother doing.

I think the ATV isn't worth doing. A friend of mine did this and said it's VERY dusty. My boyfriend and I decided to rent a car instead and tour the island on our own. It was worth every penny, and we weren't dragged around with a crowd of people on a schedule. I think it's best to do things on your own if that's your thing. All Drive Car Rental has some great deals.

Wexford...
Level Contributor
92 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What NOT to bother doing.

I thought the bonbini festival was boring.

if you go to the butterly farm, dont do the tour, just wander on your own. dont take a tour to the natural pool, it is sOOOOO crowded. rent a 4x4 and drive there. or drive in your car and catch a lift at the end from someone with a jeep.

don't go to ruth chris. u usually love them, but this one had tough steaks

new jersey
Level Contributor
234 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: What NOT to bother doing.

The kukukachoo party bus. Look at the pics on the website and that should do it. SkipThe butterfly farmand go to the beach!. I agree about EL gs to its way over rated.Try Me Casa in town for a great meal.

Cleves, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,588 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What NOT to bother doing.

Husband & I just got back and made out annual pilgrimage to El Gaucho. I thought that it was as good as ever.

If possible I would rent my own jeep and explore on my own. I think it's more fun that way and you aren't on anyones clock

PA
Level Contributor
423 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What NOT to bother doing.

we did the bonbini festival once, wouldn't do it again

Illinois City...
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
3,701 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What NOT to bother doing.

Texas de Brazil restaurant.

Eating at Salt & Peppers....food and Sangria all over rated.

I would do the DePalm jeep tour again if time permitted....thought it was well worth it and the Kukoo bus was a hoot.

The jeep tour is dusty.....but you can cool off in the natural pool and rinse a little...we were aware ahead of time we may get dirty...one of the highlights or our first trip.

Butterfly farm...it's an opinion.....to us it was a waste of beach time.