We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

De Palm Island Reviews are Negative...Worthwhile?

Las Vegas
Level Contributor
158 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
De Palm Island Reviews are Negative...Worthwhile?

It looks like all of the recent Palm island reviews are very negative. For the price they charge, I don't expect steak or lobster, but hot dogs? Now really...

Looking for anyone who went recently?

Thanks.

Gary

Hamilton Sq, NJ
Level Contributor
737 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: De Palm Island Reviews are Negative...Worthwhile?

Had the experience of being there last November. It was part of our Kayaking trip and I won't get into that fiasco but to me, it was nothing to speak of. Food was mediocre at best, like you said, hamburgers and hot dogs and maybe chicken. The snorkeling around there was VERY rough, I didn't even attempt it after the kayaking adventure but my DH and cousin did and did not enjoy it. The water park was small and full of kids. For the price they want, I do not recommend it IMHO.

Teanne

las vega, nv
Level Contributor
490 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: De Palm Island Reviews are Negative...Worthwhile?

Although we will be traveling to Aruba for our first time in December, I have been doing alot of research on snorkel/sailing cruises. It seems the best one is Tanquilo (spell?). The food is suppose to be great and not so many people crowded on the boat. We are going to go with Tanquilo but will not make our reservations until we get to Aruba.

Hamilton Sq, NJ
Level Contributor
737 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: De Palm Island Reviews are Negative...Worthwhile?

Cap't Anthony of the Tranquilo is THE BEST!!! We do 2 sunset sails when we are there for our two weeks in November. They are the highlight of our vacation.

Teanne

4. Re: De Palm Island Reviews are Negative...Worthwhile?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2009, 04:17