We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Keeping your belongings safe at the Natural Pool

New York
Level Contributor
56 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Keeping your belongings safe at the Natural Pool

If we rent a Jeep and head down to the Natural Pool is there any way to secure our belongings? It seems like everything either has be left in the car or on the small strand of beach before getting to the pool.

Is this a concern for anyone?

Hillsborough, North...
Level Contributor
3,151 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Keeping your belongings safe at the Natural Pool

If you are planning on going to the Natural Pool,you should check with the rental company.Mine(Amigo)told me it was illegal.Maybe just against their policy.But I would check just to make sure.We will take ABC tour.

New York
Level Contributor
56 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Keeping your belongings safe at the Natural Pool

I will probably use whatever rental desk they have at the Marriott. I think it's Heartz or Avis.

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
167 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Keeping your belongings safe at the Natural Pool

We have made the trek to Natural pool twice with a rented Jeep. It is a long ride, at least the way we have gone, and it pretty remote. I can not imagine that anything would happen to your belongings there as it is so remote. Not saying to throw all common sense out the window, but I just can not imagine it being a problem .When I think of securing my belongings going to natural pool it is more in the sense that the road is really rugged and things could bounce out of a topless Jeep. I'd be sure to get a Jeep with a top, and I'd really rent a Jeep, not a Suzuki or any Jeep wanna be.

new jersey
Level Contributor
104 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Keeping your belongings safe at the Natural Pool

The only place to keep you things would be either in the jeep or on the rocks or beach by the pool. It is a very rough ride out there and I think very hard to find by yourself. We took a jeep tour - the way down to the natural pool is very steep - I couldn't wait to get out of the jeep. Also you have to climb down 87 steps of rocks to get to the pool and then climb over wet rocks to get into the pool. I wouldn't leave anything worth much out there - maybe get one of those waterproof pouches to carry money and driver's license.

Livonia, Michigan
Level Contributor
361 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Keeping your belongings safe at the Natural Pool

We took the ABC jeep tour, we wouldn't try driving ourselves. Besides, being a group is so much fun.

When we went to the natural pool, we left our things in the jeep, and the tour guide said that they had guy watching the jeeps (he was someone at the top of the Natural Pool and sold water). We really didn't take much with us, I had a beach bag with a towel, a little cash, and a disp. water camera--which I took with us. On the jeep tour

the all day everything was paid for, so all we needed was cash for beer (at a few stops), and money to tip the guide at the end.

Indiana
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Keeping your belongings safe at the Natural Pool

Going in October for the 1st. Planning on the abc all day jeep tour. Can't wait. Glad to here ifo about the tour.

Livonia, Michigan
Level Contributor
361 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Keeping your belongings safe at the Natural Pool

scotty---not sure if u were asking abt info for all day tour. First--it was a BLAST!!! My biggest advise is to wear old clothes---you WILL get dirty. We wore swim suit w/shorts and old t-shirt, and water shoes. I took a beach bag to keep our things into (would recommend some place to keep camera). You might also want to pack some wipes (that way you can refreshen and wipe off some of the dirt).

One big thing is to remember what shoes you wore, on the tour, when you pack to leave for home. When going thru customs (the 2nd time), you will be asked if you been to a number of places including the Ostrich Farm, which you answer yes. You will then be asked to get those shoes out, and they will clean them (to prevent anything from being brought back into this country). Not a big deal, didn't take much time, but since we went almost a week b4 we left had to think which shoes we wore (you can also pack those so you can get to them quickly).

If you want you can even drive one of the jeeps---but be prepared---you will be off roading. My husband thought about it and decided he wanted to enjoy the tour instead. Our driver was actually and ex-marine!

Hope you get Rocky as your guide---he is awesome!

Stinky, New Jersey...
Level Contributor
1,888 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Keeping your belongings safe at the Natural Pool

I was thinking about packing water shoes. The kind that are just foam and rubber you can buy just about anywhere.

I figured I can just leave them behind, only a few bucks...end of summer sales. Good idea or should I wear something eles on my feet for this?

Indiana
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Keeping your belongings safe at the Natural Pool

LuvMbeach

Thanks for the info,especially to help get through any airport. Counting 53 days til I will be in Aruba

Livonia, Michigan
Level Contributor
361 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Keeping your belongings safe at the Natural Pool

Wutzy--we had NO problems with our water shoes. Probably if you are going to leave them water shoes would be cheaper than tennis shoes.

We use our water shoes alot since we have a boat, and there are certain areas that we swim, that there could be zebra mussels (can cut feet), on the bottom.

Again, it wasn't a big deal having them "clean" at the airport.

Wish I was going back to Aruba, instead of back to work (work for schools). Have a great time in Aruba