We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buying Liquor

Milford, Connecticut
Level Contributor
41 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Buying Liquor

Just wondering of anyone knows of places to buy some bottles of liquor while in Aruba. We are not renting a car, so we would like it within walking distance from the Radisson. We bought from the duty free shop at the airport last time, but wondering if there are liquor stores closer to the Radisson? It's nice to make your own drinks while in the room or at the beach!!!!!

Cape Cod...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Provincetown
Level Contributor
4,473 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buying Liquor

A lot of the hotels and timeshares have a limited selection of alcohol but you will pay more. I would get teh duty free when leaving the US.

NJ
Level Contributor
2,377 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buying Liquor

I would have to say, on the grand scale of what your vacation will cost, if a bottle of rum cost twice what it costs in the US, its an extra 12 dollars. If you go through 3 bottles, which will keep you well imbibed for a week...we are talking $36.00 extra. Hardly a dent in what you have already spent. And yes , you can buy that bottle of Bacardi at most, if not all hotels for about $20.00. For a better selection, ask your cab driver to stop at the supermarket on the way in from the airport.

Cape Cod...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Provincetown
Level Contributor
4,473 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Buying Liquor

If it's something like Bacardi, anywhere would have that. For something more upscale ie: Grey Goose, get at the duty free to play it safe. Also, depending on the time they arrive, the grocery stores could be closed. I get there on a Sunday, stores are already closed upon my arrival.

NJ
Level Contributor
2,377 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Buying Liquor

Again, I've had this conversation before....even if it's Grey Goose and you arrive on Sunday, it will cost you about $35.00 at the store on Monday. I would think you could make it for a day. So you buy a few drinks at the hotel.....your on vacation.

don't worry, be happy!

philadelphia, pa
Level Contributor
29 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Buying Liquor

can you buy alcohol on a sunday? what time do the grocery/liquor stores close?

Milford, Connecticut
Level Contributor
41 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Buying Liquor

Thanks everyone,

I think I will check out the grocery store when I get there.

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
15,404 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Buying Liquor

Yes, you can buy alcohol on a Sunday. Ling & Sons and Kong Hing close at 1pm on Sunday and Certified closes at 2pm on Sunday.

There is a Shop 'n Go near the high rise hotels (prices will be higher than the grocery stores) and they close at 9pm on Sunday.

8. Re: Buying Liquor

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2009, 09:36