We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Crab Cocktail, Best Grilled Lobster?

las vega, nv
Level Contributor
490 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Best Crab Cocktail, Best Grilled Lobster?

OK, all you seasoned Aruba travelers: We love seafood! Arriving December 1, 2008, Manchebo Beach Resort. Interested in knowing the best restaurants to have FRESH crab cocktail, shrimp cocktail and FRESH grilled lobster. Last year in Belize I ate lobster at least one time (and sometimes 2 and 3 times) per day (even for breakfast!). So you can understand why I need to know the best places to have my 'crustacean' fix.

Astoria, New York
Level Contributor
2,535 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Crab Cocktail, Best Grilled Lobster?

Driftwood is pretty much our favorite seafood restaurant. The owner goes out on his boat daily to catch fish.

They have crab claw cocktail - that is DELISH, Their shrimp cocktail is my husband's favorite - they are as big as lobster tails.

My favorites are their broiled lobster and coconut shrimp. Their key lime pie is excellent as well ;)

At the WaterFront Crab house you can get GIANT Crab Legs that come from the kitchen already split - they were the size of my arm and soooo good.

Their shrimp cocktail was very good as well...my husband orders shrimp cocktail everywhere we go ;)

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
15,353 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Crab Cocktail, Best Grilled Lobster?

We went to the Buccaneer a couple of weeks ago and I was thrilled with my main entree (Barracuda - it was GREAT!) but I got the shrimp cocktail there and it was overcooked. I was very disappointed. :(

Every other place I ordered shrimp cocktail (and there were many) it was wonderful.

Must have been an "off night" for the shrimp cocktail at the Buccaneer.

I think my favorite shrimp cocktail on the island is still at the Sunset Grille at the Radisson.

I'm not a lobster fan so can't help you with that one.

Astoria, New York
Level Contributor
2,535 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Crab Cocktail, Best Grilled Lobster?

My husband loves the Barracuda at Buccaneer also.

They have great lobster tail that you can order by the ounce - and...everything on their menu is very reasonably priced.

las vega, nv
Level Contributor
490 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Crab Cocktail, Best Grilled Lobster?

Thanks for much for the info. I have printed it and will add it to my file. My husband too orders shrimp cocktail everywhere we go.

weston,Fl
Level Contributor
75 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Crab Cocktail, Best Grilled Lobster?

Buccaneer. I call it the bucket of puke.

And many agree.After over 20 years of visiting the great Island of Aruba. I would be shot to reccommend a restuarant like the Buccaneer.

The musty smell alone would make any food taste aweful.

Try the waterfront crabhouse down town.

do not waste your night at the buccaneer

LSH
Alburgh, Vermont
Level Contributor
623 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Crab Cocktail, Best Grilled Lobster?

I must agree. Our meal at the Buccaneer was awful. I would never recommend this restaurant to anyone. It was difficult to even figure out what we had been served. We would never go back.

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
15,353 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Crab Cocktail, Best Grilled Lobster?

I had not been to the Buccaneer in years (this was my 18th trip to Aruba) but went there because a friend wanted to go. After being incredibly disappointed with the overcooked shrimp cocktail, I was pleasantly surprised at how wonderful their barracuda was - best barracuda I've had in Aruba!

I wouldn't highly recommend the place either but, I have to admit, I had a winner of a fish that night - grilled to perfection!

Illinois City...
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
3,714 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Crab Cocktail, Best Grilled Lobster?

Our first trip to Aruba, we ate at the Driftwood.....it was very good....I had two lobster tails cause I'm such a lobster pig....hubby had their grouper....delicious.

Madame Jeanettes, almond crusted grouper topped that but I would say the lobster at MJ's was about the same......both very good places to eat.

9. Re: Best Crab Cocktail, Best Grilled Lobster?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2009, 07:26