We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bars and restaurants recommendations wanted

philidelphia
Level Contributor
111 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Bars and restaurants recommendations wanted

I will be arriving next week and was hoping for some fun places to have drinks and also nice places to eat (vegetarian options appreciated). Staying in Oranjestad but will have a car and enjoy exploring. Little hideaways are always nice to get as recommendations as well. Thanks!

South Florida...
Level Contributor
25 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bars and restaurants recommendations wanted

Madame Janette's is a great place for a nice dinner, not sure if they had vegetarian options.

Boston...
Level Contributor
722 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bars and restaurants recommendations wanted

we love sunset grille at the radisson..

BTW:

good luck in the world series....wish it was the red sox playing you....oh well....maybe next year..

Huntsville, Alabama
Level Contributor
119 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bars and restaurants recommendations wanted

Great mojitos and a great hideaway - Cuba's Cookin (some vegan)

Great atmosphere and seafood - Simply Fish at the Marriott

Have a great time!

Fountain Valley...
Level Contributor
45 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bars and restaurants recommendations wanted

I would recommend all of these.

In Oranjestad: Rumba-quaint intimate and the best waitress on the island. Ask for Jonnique.

Marandi-Near the airport. Over the water, very romantic, great food.

Passions-On the beach in front of the Amsterdam Hotel. Also very romantic. Music playing, sand between your toes, great sunsets.

There are so many options. I'm sure you'll get many other fine recommendations. Enjoy!

Westport, Ireland
Level Contributor
60 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bars and restaurants recommendations wanted

Madamme Janettes - just back from our honeymoon and it was by far the best night out we had. great food, great atmosphere and overall excellent place! and very reasonable.

screaming eagle - very trendy place, best steak i ever had! really nice restaurant overall..........

Springfield
Level Contributor
513 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Bars and restaurants recommendations wanted

Marina Pirata is a nice change of pace. You will need a car to get there as the Cab fare would about 30.00 USD one way. They have a nice Beef and Fish selction (I don't know about Vegitarian selections). Good food and service. Their prices are compatable with the other nicer restuarants on the Island. Marina Pirata is built on on a dock above the water...they light the water at night so ask for table by the water and you will be able to watch/feed the fish. Below is a link to their web site with Menu pricing. Pinchos is another place you may want to try. It is just south of Downtown Oranjestad and is not that bad of a Cab fare, if you don't have a car. Also I have never had been dissappointed with Madame Janette either. If I had toy put the three of them in order for my preference it would be Madame Janette first, and then Marina Pirata, and Pinchos would be a toss up for second place.

http://www.marinapiratarestaurant.com/

http://www.interreps.nl/pinchos.htm

http://www.madamejanette.info/

Hull, Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
2,039 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bars and restaurants recommendations wanted

In the little hideaway category-we loved Wacky Wahoos. We've loved Sunset Grille and Madame Janette's also. This year we're adding Old Man and the Sea and Passions. There are so many you can't go wrong.

Oshkosh, Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
1,614 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Bars and restaurants recommendations wanted

Take a drive to Palm Beach and enjoy live music and drinks Fri., Sun. & Tues at Bugaloe. (I sound like an advertisement!) It's out on the pier between Radisson and the RIU. My favorite hangout.

Oshkosh, Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
1,614 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Bars and restaurants recommendations wanted

TJMadhouse,

Great recommendation, I love Marina Pirata. Don't know why it's not talked about more. Reasonable prices, one of the best sunset settings anywhere, and great food & service.

philidelphia
Level Contributor
111 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bars and restaurants recommendations wanted

Thanks for all the help. Looking forward to trying them. I will have a car and plan to explore. Cant wait.