We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grocery store near Renaissance ?

Cleveland, OH
Level Contributor
13 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Grocery store near Renaissance ?

Hi!

I'll be staying in Renaissance and I was wondering are there any grocery store in a walking distance from the hotel? Also if I take a taxi to the supermarket will it be a problem to find a taxi in front of supermarket to return back to hotel?

Thanks

Paramus, New Jersey
Level Contributor
752 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grocery store near Renaissance ?

There is a small grocery store behind the mall...I can't remember the name, but it didn't look too great from the outside.

Ling & Sons, Certified, Kong Hing are all very similar to US supermarkets, and they are all in the same area. You can take a cab or a bus there and when you are finishing shopping the customer service counter will call a cab for you.

Wilmington, North...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Grocery store near Renaissance ?

I believe it called Hong King and it is behind the mall. We have stayed at the Renaissance 3 times and are going back 11/13 for our 4th time. We go to Hong King to buy water, beer, and snacks. It does look shady from the outside but it is fine for packaged goods. They take credit card and american cash (we have used both with no issues) and you can walk through the air conditioned mall to get there.

ATLANTA
Level Contributor
820 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grocery store near Renaissance ?

Walk away from the port and thru the mall area to the street behind and walk to the left about a block and you'll find the grocery store. Been there several times, but now we rent a car and go to the larger ones mentioned above. If all you want is beer or wine there's a store in the downstairs of the mall under the Renissance--- not the cheapest but cheaper than room service. We'll be there Nov 15. I'm assuming you're at the hotel and not the suites across the street. If at the suites, walk over to the hotel and follow directions from there.

Have fun

4. Re: Grocery store near Renaissance ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 October 2009, 21:21