We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marandi Restaurant is gone!!!

ATLANTA
Level Contributor
844 posts
164 reviews
Save Topic
Marandi Restaurant is gone!!!

Got here yesterday afternoon and drove to "Marandi" for dinner and some sunset photos. The photos turned out OK, but when we walked into the "Marandi" we were told they closed 2 1/2 weeks ago. It is now "Asian Wok" and we were told new owners. What a bummer! We've been coming to Marandi every trip for the last several years. We liked it because it is so casual and a good place for the first night after a long day.

We're not that fond of Asian food so we had a drink and a warm (it was supposed to be) shrimp cocktail salad with Asian seanoning and greens. It was OK. We ended up eating at the Paddock. Food was good but service was slow and inattentive--- only got menus after we asked and is was 10 minutes before they came for drink order. We never knew who our server was. 3 or 4 different people came to the table.

Tonight (if they are open) we're going to try Pinchos Grill & Bar near old Marandi location. Tried to go last night but 45 minute wait with no reservation.

Just thought I'd let everybody know,

Kent

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
15,252 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Marandi Restaurant is gone!!!

Which Marandi location did you go to - the new one or the old one?

Marandi is not gone! It has moved to a new location just south of the airport (they moved as of Sept. 2007 from their old location - I know this because we dined at the old location on their very last night before they moved.)

Marandi is doing great at their new location - same great food, nice view, and good service!

Here is their website with directions to the new location:

http://www.marandiaruba.com/location.php

ATLANTA
Level Contributor
844 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Marandi Restaurant is gone!!!

Thanks, Amy. I also found out. I went to the old one. Sorry for the confusion.

Kent

NJ
Level Contributor
2,318 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Marandi Restaurant is gone!!!

The most disturbing thing is that they told you Marandi closed 2-1/2 weeks ago. I know everyone is competing for everyone's dinner dollar, but geez, tell the truth!

Maine
Level Contributor
467 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Marandi Restaurant is gone!!!

We went to the new loacation on Wed night last week. Wow, can't belive they didn't tell you they moved. Sorry you missed it.

ATLANTA
Level Contributor
844 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Marandi Restaurant is gone!!!

Sorry I posted it this way and that they didn't tell us they had moved. I'd like to get rid of this thread if I could. Last night we ate at Pinchos (a pier restaurant near the airport) and thoroughly enjoyed it. The owner and servers are personal and want you to know their names and try very hard. It will replace Mirata Pirata for us. Tonight we ate at The Old Man and the Sea near the Flying Fishbone. Been to the "bone" several times and this was a nice change of place. It was my wife of 41 yearws and 31 year old daughter. They bill this as a romantic restaurant and I guess not rushed is romantic. The food was good. I orderer a glass of "Conundrum" and the server came back and said they were out and gave me a complimentary glass of chardonney. She came back and asked if we needed anything else and I said "3 glasses of Conondrum". She laughed and I told her I wasa kidding. It was nice of them to give me the free wine.

Tomorrow night its Matilde. Another night was L. G. Smith at the Renissiance after it was raining. Very good food for hotel food.

Hamilton Sq, NJ
Level Contributor
737 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Marandi Restaurant is gone!!!

Did read in the paper last week that Brisas Del Mar did close for good. The damamge from Omar was more severe than they thought.

Teanne

ATLANTA
Level Contributor
844 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Marandi Restaurant is gone!!!

I was by Brisas del Mar yesterday and it did look closed.

Palm Harbor, Florida
Level Contributor
934 posts
316 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Marandi Restaurant is gone!!!

Man, I'm really happy that your were wrong.

Mirandi's one of our favorites. A great

place. We also love Flying Fishbone, and

Pinchos too. All three are great at sunset.

I wish we could go tonite.

----Ken

9. Re: Marandi Restaurant is gone!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 October 2009, 05:28