We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reservations for restaurants and activities?

Boston
Level Contributor
10 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
Reservations for restaurants and activities?

My husband and I are going to Aruba for Christmas and New Year's. How important is it to book reservations for dinner, such as Passions, LG Smith's etc.. Also, I have been on De Palm Tours website and really interested in the snorkling and ATV tours as well as the sunset sail. How important is it to book these in advance? When you make a reservation with them you are stuck for that day and I am thinking what if the weather is crappy? This is our first time in Aruba and we are celebrating our 10th Anniversary and want to have a blast which shouldn't be too hard! Any thoughts?

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
13,592 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reservations for restaurants and activities?

I don't know DePalm's policy on bookings and cancellations. Generally a reservation is not a contract but it is best to check with them.

As for the restaurants they certainly appreciate your reservation especially if you want specific seating.

May I recommend for your 10th a sepcial dinner at El Faro Blanco, located up the hill at the California Lighthouse. Book for 6 P.M. if you want to take sunset photos. This is such a beutiful place and location.

Also not to be missed are El Gaucho for the best steaks & Driftwood for fresh seafood prepared Aruban style.

We dined at all three just a few short days ago.

Of course there are so many more outstanding dining places.

Enjoy.

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
14,906 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Reservations for restaurants and activities?

It will be busy in Aruba over the holidays so I would definitely make some dinner reservations in advance - especially at the more popular ones like Passions, The Old Man & The Sea, Madame Janette's, etc. - and any of the ones where you want to watch the sunset.

Passions also has a limit to their seating for dinner on the beach so I would definitely book that one in advance.

ATLANTA
Level Contributor
815 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Reservations for restaurants and activities?

Never been during Xmas and New Years but this is the busiest time anywhere and everywhere. I'd make reservations for dinner (especially for New Years) but not for daytime activities because of the weather. You could always go another day. Also business is off in Aruba as it is at all other places in the world, but this is the busiest time of the year for everybody.

Check www.wunderground.com for sunset info or google "sunset" and check. It may be before 6:00 PM.

I'd suggest also going to The Old Man and the Sea but its a long cab ride, but we always rent a car when we go. You can rent a car at the airport or from near the airport and save money to and from the airport and have a way to get around the island. I'd strongly suggest "seeing and touring" the island.

Kent

4. Re: Reservations for restaurants and activities?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2009, 02:19