We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

beaches

utah
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
beaches

I read two reviews of the Hyatt hotel that said that the beach smelled of sewage. Is this something that is common on the Aruba beaches or just the one at the Hyatt. How close is this to the one at the Golden Tulip?

Aruba ATV Island Tour with Ayo...
236 Reviews
from US$78.00*
Aruba Catamaran Cruise, 2-Stop...
150 Reviews
from US$42.00*
Special Offer
Aruba Off-Road Island Tour: Arikok...
313 Reviews
from US$106.99*
US$111.78
Arikok National Park 4x4 Tour...
202 Reviews
from US$89.99*
Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
15,555 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: beaches

I think the person who wrote the review was exaggerating a bit. There was a smell shortly after a storm which left alot of seaweed on the beach and in the water - rotting seaweed can have a sulphur-type smell to it. The seaweed has since been cleaned up.

The Bucuti (Golden Tulip) is on Eagle Beach and the Hyatt is on Palm Beach. They're about a 5-7 minute taxi ride apart.

ATLANTA
Level Contributor
860 posts
187 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: beaches

We always stay at the Reniassance downtown and they have a private island to go to for a beach. I've read that the beaches along where th Hyatt is gets a lot of traffic and the sand in the water is "squishy". There are many beaches on either side of this area that are great.

Kent

Mentioned in this post
Kent
Kent
England, UK
utah
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: beaches

Thanks so much.

4. Re: beaches

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2009, 03:16