We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Priceline-recent hotel bids

New Jersey
9 posts
Save Topic
Priceline-recent hotel bids

Hi,

Has anyone bid on Priceline recently for hotel rooms (resort) in February? If so, what was the bid? I've checked betterbidding.com but there is nothing recent.

Thanks!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
4,219 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Priceline-recent hotel bids

I will be bidding myself shortly and my only advice would be to start a bid, 4 star, at $90 and go up in $5 increments.

Let us know how it goes.

New Hampshire
Level Contributor
230 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Priceline-recent hotel bids

Hello Medic,

I also have never used either price line or hotwire before. We would like to go to Aruba 2/19-2/26. The airfare right now is amazing but hotel rates are not. We are a family of 5 that would probably have to have 2 separate rooms. Have you ever tried for more than 1 room at a time?

How did your recent search go?

Thanks,

Tina

North Cape May, Nj
Level Contributor
8,643 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Priceline-recent hotel bids

Dear 1stime

February is high season. If you wait until mid April, the rates will drop. Don't know the age of your family members, but children sharing a room with parents at Tamarijn stay & dine of free. Ccheck their web site if interested.

Another bargain is Amsterdam Manor. They are offering a 20% discount until Jume 30. I have never seen this before. The AM has kitchen facilities. You could save a few $ by buying some food/beverages at a nearby supermarket.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
10,857 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Priceline-recent hotel bids

The only hotel I ever see come up as a winning bid for Aruba on biddingfortravel.com is the Marriott Aruba Stellaris Resort.

Winning bids range from about $90 per night in low season to $130+ in the high season. If you haven't ever used PL before, I highly advise a read at biddingfortravel.com before you start.

Maryland
Level Contributor
315 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Priceline-recent hotel bids

bidding on priceline for Aruba has been tight lately. I started bidding at $95 and went to $125 Resort and 4*- Rejected, last yeat I got the Marriott for $100 a nt for the same time frame I was bidding on now. I have friends who have also received the Renassiance and the Westin,but the Marriott seems to be the most common win, if you win at all lately. On another Aruba forum board there are numerous people having the issue all rejected bids, regardelss of time frame, I'v seen Feb. Mar, April and May all rejected. I tried easyclicktravel and got a much better deal with breakfast daily for $103 for May, it was one of there undercover deals.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
4,219 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Priceline-recent hotel bids

I tried bidding for March going up to $110 without any luck. Last year we did bid for 2 rooms and "won" the Marriott for $65 a night, a few months ago when we were there we paid $90 a night.

You can easily bid for 2 rooms the question is how much will you have to pay. I sort of gave up as my daughter talked me into going to Steamboat with here in CO to ski.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
4,219 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Priceline-recent hotel bids

I just saw a post on biddingfortravel.com that in May the Marriott was "won" for $130. If your Feb. dates are not a holiday you may want to try in the $120 - $140 range. I believe that this is still more than 50% less than the rack rate.

New Hampshire
Level Contributor
230 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Priceline-recent hotel bids

Thanks Medic and everyone for your responses and information.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
16,639 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Priceline-recent hotel bids

I know that biddingfortravel has a posting board, as well. She requires you to do some upfront research on competitive rates, but she will look at your bid and let you know best strategy.

10. Re: Priceline-recent hotel bids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 October 2009, 12:21