We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rental car vs. Bus system

Bloomsburg, PA
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Rental car vs. Bus system

In about 2 weeks I'll be arriving in Aruba. I'm vascillating about renting a car or utilizing the bus system. Does anyone know if you can get around, most of the island by bus? I'd like to be able to get round the downtown areas plus have an opportunity to explore other areas of the island. I'll be staying in the Mariott area.

Appreciate any feedback, thanks..

Montoursville, PA
Level Contributor
183 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rental car vs. Bus system

I sent you a pm.

North Cape May, Nj
Level Contributor
8,689 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rental car vs. Bus system

From the Marriott, the bus runs through the Palm Beach and Eagle Beach areas to a terminal downtown.

I rented a car for the first time in 10 visits. Now,

my wife wants to rent every time from now on. She loved driving around the island.

If you aren't sure, maybe you may consider renting a car for a few days. Don't need a car on dates of arrival and departure. Take a taxi. Also, if you plan to take a tour of the island, you can skip renting on that day. So, rent a car for three days,

When you return to Aruba once more, you will have a better idea about what to do.

Bloomsburg, PA
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Rental car vs. Bus system

Thanks, Sounds like a good idea. Perhaps for a few days would save on cash...

Illinois City...
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
3,701 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rental car vs. Bus system

I would definitely rent...you are on your own schedule and can go where you want.....at least for a few days......I would definitely recommend Hans at Tropic Car rental...he's great to deal with.....although he may be booked already.

nyc
Level Contributor
2,271 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rental car vs. Bus system

i would agree with rental for a few planned out days. i stayed at the marriott and the bus is right in front. (2nd day) id rent a car you can go on that day to baby or rodgers beach. bring a disposable grill and cook on the beach as there is not not much avaliable to eat. buy grocery for the week :breakfast/ lunch supplies, beer/wine, fruits and snacks drinks. also visit the light house and eat at the italian rest.. the other days you can take a 10 minute walk or take the bus to the commercial strip for shopping, eating or catching a show. the car would only be needed for long trips as that 1 bus takes you from the marriott to the city and everything in between.

6. Re: Rental car vs. Bus system

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 October 2009, 17:18