We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question for the Ladies of the board...

Scranton...
Level Contributor
166 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Question for the Ladies of the board...

I am thinking about trying blackjack on this trip. I've never played (just got a book on the ins and outs) and was wondering if there are a lot of women on this board that play. Also wondering if the dealers & other players treat you differently.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
10,857 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Question for the Ladies of the board...

I don't gamble as it seems a huge waste of money to me, but have observed others playing, and haven't noticed players caring one way or another what sex you are.

Boston
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Question for the Ladies of the board...

I Love blackjack and always play it. I've never noticed them treating me different...well maybe a little nicer :-)

Blackjack is a very fun game and you have the best odds against the house. Stick to the "rules" people can get upset if you hit when you're not supposed to!

fulton, maryland
Level Contributor
157 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Question for the Ladies of the board...

I don't play in Aruba. It's a 6 deck shoe that's always being shuffled...bad odds. Plus, a lot of "vacation gamblers" don't really know how to play. Nothing like hitting a 14 when the dealer has a 5 or 6 up. We usually play Carribean Stud, Let it Ride, 3 card poker....anything but blackjack.Hey, but luck is luck...who knows!!!

Boston
Level Contributor
227 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Question for the Ladies of the board...

I love blackjack and sometimes play in Aruba, but def noticed that some people are just playing for fun and really do not know how to play, so I try to stay away! But the dealers never treated me differently...

new jersey
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
2,461 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Question for the Ladies of the board...

Dont play blackjack but did play roulette.(IMO) They (dealers) really do not controll the game like they do here. People lay bets down whenever they want even after no bets down! It seems like the locals get the advantage, guess cause they are always there. When I play there

Sharon

6. Re: Question for the Ladies of the board...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2009, 02:20