We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Ice Cream-Eagle Beach Area?

las vega, nv
Level Contributor
490 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Best Ice Cream-Eagle Beach Area?

Will be in Aruba (second time) in December. I am not a "sweet eater" however, ice cream is my one indulgence that I absolutely love! Last year did not see any ice cream shops, but am hoping someone can tell me some places to get ice cream. We are staying at Manchebo Beach Resort (fell in love with this place last year!) and hope someone has some suggestions. Thanks!

jl
Waltham...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
6,244 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Ice Cream-Eagle Beach Area?

I'm not aware of any places in the Manchebo area, but a few years back there was a place at the Hyatt that always had customers in there, and our friends raved about it. Sorry to say, I don't know if it's still there?

Astoria, New York
Level Contributor
2,535 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Ice Cream-Eagle Beach Area?

There is a Dunkin Donuts/Baskin Robbins at The Aruban, there must be another somewhere else.

I am pretty sure that you can find Gelato at Amici's by Playa Linda on Palm Beach.

jl
Waltham...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
6,244 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Ice Cream-Eagle Beach Area?

Trizio, I did see Gelato in that area too. Actually, right next to Playa Linda, after Dushi Bagel there is a place as well.

las vega, nv
Level Contributor
490 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Ice Cream-Eagle Beach Area?

Is the place inside the Playa Linda or an independent building/business? Do you know the name?

jl
Waltham...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
6,244 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Ice Cream-Eagle Beach Area?

Sorry, I don't know the name...when coming out of the Playa Linda it's around the corner to the left - right there.

Paramus, New Jersey
Level Contributor
752 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Ice Cream-Eagle Beach Area?

jl,

The place you're talking about is called Aromi D'Italia Cafe, part of the Playa Linda Resort.

las vega, nv
Level Contributor
490 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Ice Cream-Eagle Beach Area?

Thanks, everyone. I guess I'll just have to play it by ear.

jl
Waltham...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
6,244 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Ice Cream-Eagle Beach Area?

Mary - around the corner to the left? That's still part of Playa Linda after Dushi Bagel? Who knew?!! Not me!

9. Re: Best Ice Cream-Eagle Beach Area?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 November 2009, 07:26