We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday inn sunspree

Minnesota
Level Contributor
221 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Holiday inn sunspree

I'm a worldly travel who likes more bang for the buck, so I'm thinking of booking a 2 week holiday in November at the Holiday Inn, since I prefer the all inclusive for food & drinks as I enjoy buffets. For those of you who have been there and eaten there is it a good option? or will it be better to eat different places, cheaper within walking distance of the hotel etc.? How are the showers, good water pressure? Can I book activities in the lobby of the hotel for any excursions? Thanks in advance.

Toronto
Level Contributor
37 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holiday inn sunspree

I went with my husband & 18 month old last feb. we did the all inclusive. Food was good, no complaints, we always found variety & we are picky. the buffet has a different menu everynight. if you go to their website you can actually find it, i don't have the link anymore or i'd post it for you. We are actually going back again in july, however this time we are upgrading the room to the bonaire tower. we stayed in the curacao tower the first time & were disgusted by the first room we were given. My husband had it changed b/c we used the baby as an excuse - mold & wet carpeting were health hazards. the second room was just ok, still old, but at least there was no mold or wet carpets. bathrooms were in desperate need of repair. The fact that we are going back says something, I think it has potential to be fabulous for the $ if you upgrade to the renovated room. The drinks are really expensive $4.50 for a small plastic cup of perrier water or juice. so all inclusive is worth it in my opinion. You can book activities in the hotel lobby, there is a huge info board with details. we didn't do anything b/c of the baby. hope it helps!

Minnesota
Level Contributor
221 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holiday inn sunspree

Thanks, it did indeed help me some. I thought their was a million dollar expansion towards the hotel, perhaps it was renovated awhile ago and not recent?? It looks like a pretty darn good deal on it for a 2 week all inclusive, I think I am going to scoop up on the deal after reading a bit more & doing research.

Toronto
Level Contributor
37 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Holiday inn sunspree

the renovation was for the aruba tower, bonaire tower & common areas. The curacao tower was left out.

Toronto
Level Contributor
37 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Holiday inn sunspree

oh, yeah & it was recently. It is a good deal, like i said, I'm going back in july i'm just upgrading the room for about $200 more per person per week.

5. Re: Holiday inn sunspree

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2009, 06:19