We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Exchange florins for dollars?

Georgia
Level Contributor
199 posts
530 reviews
Save Topic
Exchange florins for dollars?

I foolishly withdrew florins from an ATM on our last trip to Aruba, and didn't spend them all before leaving. I have 400, which are worth about $225 US at the current exchange rate. I haven't been able to get any of our small town banks to convert, so if anyone is going soon, I'd be willing to give a substantial discount to get rid of them. Please let me know if you're interested. Thanks.

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
13,665 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Exchange florins for dollars?

Since the rate of excahange is fixed why not just hold on to them for your next visit or try one of the larger commercial banks.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
26 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Exchange florins for dollars?

Charlie, did you get rid of the florins yet?

Georgia
Level Contributor
199 posts
530 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Exchange florins for dollars?

Still have them. You want them? No larger banks around my city to deal with them.

Cape Cod...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Provincetown
Level Contributor
4,450 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Exchange florins for dollars?

PM me. I am willing to buy them.

Boston
Level Contributor
448 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Exchange florins for dollars?

Lesson for all first timers: Dollars are accepted everywhere for everything in Aruba. There is no need to make the same mistake as Charlie and exchange for Florins. I hope you are able to sell them.

Gloucestershire.
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
1,398 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Exchange florins for dollars?

I'll be taking Dollars with me on 9th September....

We get a good exchange at the moment in the U.K. So will enjoy spending them in Aruba!!!!

Georgia
Level Contributor
199 posts
530 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Exchange florins for dollars?

DiviAruba took care of it for me. Thanks to her and the others who posted. This was not our first trip to Aruba, but I used an ATM while there and packed 400 of the florins in a recess of a backpack. Didn't find them until some months after the trip. I don't even recall whether dollars were available through the ATM, but I've found the best exchange rates are generally found in ATM's throughout the world.

8. Re: Exchange florins for dollars?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 February 2010, 05:17